Skip to main content

My Favourite Posts.

After almost twenty-seven months of blogging, 10078 hits (mostly from myself lah) and almost 300 entries, I think it is a good time to come up with a list of my favourite posts, in the music recording world, it'll be known as "The Greatest Hits #1", there'll always be a "The Greatest Hits #2" mah... Yes, another list and it is always fun to come up with lists! Well, it will also be a sorta summary of "interesting posts" to read for those dropping by the first time! And... it is the time of the year again... exams. Time of the year when I will do some pointless activities - de javu, the reason why I started blogging!

1. Entry #1
Why? >>> An introduction. The whys and whats of this blog. Must read.

2. Common Sense
Why? >>> It is simply amazing what you get to see when you stay in the hostel!

3. Me: Cruel, unkind, spiteful, or malicious, Selfish in a petty way
Why? >>> This one has something about my "nemesis" from the uni days. To be honest, I am totally okay with him right now and would like to personally thank him for letting me experience working and coping with "difficult people" like him. hah. Its a colourful past which I would like to remember. In fact I did not mention much bout him in this post, I was too careful lah...

4. Complain Complain Complain
Why? >>> Wasn't so much about the complains but more about the picture in this post. The first piece of precious metal for my darling! And the unforgettable experience of getting it with my two "bodyguards". Cuz she's worthed it.

5. The Yesteryears Cartoons
Why? >>> This post is the source of most of the hits to my blog. Yes, thanks to the amazing Google image search!

6. My Tribute to Her
Why? >>> First collage I did. And its for my girl.

7. Exam Blues
Why? >>> Not that exam blues matter. Another piece of hostel memory! And the rules of the "famous Youth Game". Its fun! Try it!

8. Be Careful of What You Blog
Why? >>> My take on the whole hoo-ha about blogging in the Nation Builder. Interestingly, this headline story surfaced on the Nation Builder again recently! Almost two years down the road!

9. Snapped
Why? >>> The beginning of all suay-ness in that year. This is funny!

10. Wonderful First Day of Work
Why? >>> I love telling people this story about my first day of work! Well its almost two years since then! Btw, I am still sitting at the same spot, attempts to change seat were rejected.

11. Don't Play Play
Why? >>> Sharing my experience as a primary school tutor. A lesson for me at parenthood? Well, since then, I have taught P4, P5, P6, Sec 1 and Sec 2. I must say, there is really a unique technique at teaching students of different levels. Maybe I will share more one day.

12. Stay Hungry Stay Foolish
Why? >>> Steve Job's speech at a Commencement ceremony in Stanford. Truly inspiring.

13. Colourful Commuters
Why? >>> Till this day, I still spot them often in our public transport. But I am too tired to complain about them.

14. One
Why? >>> My advice for those outta love. What I think of The Chosen One.

15. Close Shave
Why? >>> Evidence that I flirted with danger!

16. Big Brother's Watching
Why? >>> Till this day I still see around four IP address from IDA and the identity of the reader is still a mystery to me. I would wish to think it is a loyal reader and I am not being tracked. Hey, I have been a law abidding citizens lorh, no racist or seditious entries from me!

17. Year in Merde
Why? >>> It's about the poo-poo. Wahahaha.

18. Sawadee Kap
Why? >>> That was the last time I went for an overseas trip! So long ago...

19. Sun Tech Days #1 and #2
Why? >>> I loved it! I mean, I love the Sun Tech Days! Please send me to another of such event again. Please please please! Send me to JavaOne this year? Please!!!

20. Fire Fighting Java Way
Why? >>> The essence of my job, on site user support. After going through the fire of initiation, I am ready. In fact, I am already very sick of it. The memories of nights spent on site doing debugging makes me sick. Why does my project support so many groups of users? Why?????

21. Keeping Up In The Race
Why? >>> The rat race. I am still very much in it. Hey when will I win the jackpot? Hmmm.. I gotta start buying 4D regularly first...

22. My Short Testimonial for SCE
Why? >>> Cuz I am proud to be from NTU SCE. When's the next free dinner ar? heh.

23. Ride of my Life
Why? >>> Another story I love to tell my friends.

24. Such Wonderful System
Why? >>> Cuz I wanna update that NUS MOT is doing a wonderful job at improving the system! Semester 2 registration went so smooth that on the actual day of registration, all my modules were already registered. Great effort!

25. Stand Up for Our Pregnant Ladies
Why? >>> It was a very interesting experience. I would like to continue to call our to our fellow islanders to be more considerate to our mothers of the future!

26. Birthday Present
Why? >>> Idea for birthday present that is low in budget, high in love and sincerity!

27. Keeping Up History with Modern Times
Why? >>> It was a really fun outing with KC. If you have not visited the National Museum yet, read this! Includes pictures!

28. Shopping for Perfume
Why? >>> Cuz Dollars and Scents at Lucky Plaza SUCKS!!! Friends, please don't shop there!

29. For My Valentine
Why? >>> Cuz there are some photos of the sequence in which my dear received the VDay present from me! She's so adorable! Heh heh.

30. My Trilogy of the Top Ten Signs That ...
... You Have a Crush
... You Are In Love
...You Have A Good Friend
Why? >>> I had lotsa fun writing them. And I think it'll be fun for anyone to read them too. It's not easy sorting out the matters of the heart... -grins-

Wow. Looks like I have more than a handful of favourite posts! In fact, I have 30. Oops, I cheated, there are more than 30. Like all other lists, I will add more to it sometime in the future. So do check it out! =) Time to go back to my term papers... arghss... and exams... znais

Comments

jax said…
If u were to hold a "Vote for the best entry" contest, i would definitely vote for the 30th entry. Nevermind that i never really read through the other 29 entries, the last entry is undeniably the clear winner liao, it hit the nail on every note.

Happy 27th month birthday, LastSplash. :)
egeus said…
its great that someone share my sentiments and maybe experience? heh, it'll be fun if you can share your experience too.

thanks for the 27-month thingy. =) will keep on writing!

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

I Will Be Back With More Time.

It is more than two years since I last blogged! Not that nothing interesting happened. In fact, plenty happened! Shifted house, shifted office, boys grew, had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (ouch!)! Just to name a few. There were gains and losses. Life's ups and downs. Of me, and those around me. I haven't been doing much deep thinking and thus less writing. Not enough time? That is probably an excuse. But it is true that I have not slept well for quite awhile. It is hard to explain the stress from work, where nothing goes smooth, and every step forward is a hurdle. Technology also had made it simple and addictive for us to mindlessly share. Share our thoughts in bits and pieces. Forming persona of ourselves to acquaintances and friends I hardly meet anymore. I remember experimenting with Tumbler, finding ways to post once, publish everywhere. It didn't quite work out. Even when technology made it is so easy, I have not been diligently editing and uploading photos of my darlin

The Last 24 Hours, Twenty-Thirteen.

If you were wondering... Yes I did it for the fifth time on the eve of New Year. Just two of us, made the journey from Marina Bay Financial Centre to Kampung Glam, via the newest Downtown line. You can see my photos here . Still looking for people to join us end of this year. :)