Skip to main content

Exam blues.

First of all, I want to to salute all the women out there who suffer the agonies of moodswings and cramp every month or so. Tho' I will never get to know how it feels, I know it must be super terrible. Now that its exam period (no pun intended), I have to struggle with moodswing as well. I call it Pre-exam Moodswing (pms). Its the anxiety, the bloated-stomach+butterflies-feeling, and breathlessness. I know it has been many many exams before, but each time it seems to be the worst. Below is the picture of three guys suffering from pms.

pms guys

To cope with their pms, these three guys played the "wsc youth game" last night. You may ask, what exactly is the "wsc youth game". Since I have lotsa time, I shall explain the rules of the game to you, for the benefit of those who never heard of it.

History: This game originated from the wsc rsp youth. At the birthday party of one of my mahjong-kaki, two of the pms guys above picked up the game from the youth volunteers of the KL-Gang. Anyway, the two guys have since helped to introduce this game to many ppl throughout the club (so other than Dai-Di, Hearts, Bridge, you can also play the wsc youth game at the chalet or bbq or camps ok?)

Rules of game: 1. This game can be played with a deck of cards for 3-4 players or more cards when there are more players. 2. All the cards in the decks (including the jokers) are used. Joker represents 0 point, Ace represents 1 point, two represents 2 points... Jack represents 11 points, King represents 13 points and etc. 3. At the beginning, every player will be given 5 cards. 4. The player on the right of dealer will start the play. 5. The objective of the game is to be left with the least number of points in hand (total points of all the cards add up) and declare to the rest that you have the least points. If someone has the same points or lower than you, you'll get 50 points. If you really have the least points, the other players will add the number of points they have on hand to their total. 6. Loser is the first to reach the upper bound of points, eg 100 or 150. 7. You can declare only when you have 3 or less cards. 8. You can declare only at the next turn if you choose to draw a card in the current turn. 9. During each player's turn, you can either throw away either a single card, a pair, 3 of a kind, or straight of 3 cards of same suit. Then you can choose to take the card on the top of the revealed deck (cards which other players discarded) or the card on the top of the covered deck.

Hope you'll understand the rules and enjoy the game!

sand
Sightings:: I noticed this sand pit in school yesterday, have you seen it before too? There was some strange pattern in the sand surrounding the stones. I wonder if its some kinda artistic installation (which is weird considering the location of this pit), or some fengshui installation (highly likely, perhaps a doshi was asked to design it). Other lil' bits of thots:: I admit I have not been a very good brother in the past few years. Cuz I do not even know what eca my sister was involved in during her jc days or what subjects she took for her A'levels. I was quick to blame it on NS - the reason for me being disinterested in everything else at that time. But maybe that was just a plain silly excuse. Sorry sis if I have not been a good bro, but its never too late right? Now I know, treasurer of the guitar club (I think she told me before, just that I forgot bout' it). But but but, I do care alot, which is not not not shown.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Gross picture of three guys with pms...yucks!
Sunshine said…
erm...why do i have the feeling that u 3 guys seem to be 'enjoying' pms?? given that u all still smile so happily in the photo...haha...
egeus said…
Cuz it drives ppl to do wacky things, behind the beautiful facade, they are suffering...

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

I Will Be Back With More Time.

It is more than two years since I last blogged! Not that nothing interesting happened. In fact, plenty happened! Shifted house, shifted office, boys grew, had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (ouch!)! Just to name a few. There were gains and losses. Life's ups and downs. Of me, and those around me. I haven't been doing much deep thinking and thus less writing. Not enough time? That is probably an excuse. But it is true that I have not slept well for quite awhile. It is hard to explain the stress from work, where nothing goes smooth, and every step forward is a hurdle. Technology also had made it simple and addictive for us to mindlessly share. Share our thoughts in bits and pieces. Forming persona of ourselves to acquaintances and friends I hardly meet anymore. I remember experimenting with Tumbler, finding ways to post once, publish everywhere. It didn't quite work out. Even when technology made it is so easy, I have not been diligently editing and uploading photos of my darlin

The Last 24 Hours, Twenty-Thirteen.

If you were wondering... Yes I did it for the fifth time on the eve of New Year. Just two of us, made the journey from Marina Bay Financial Centre to Kampung Glam, via the newest Downtown line. You can see my photos here . Still looking for people to join us end of this year. :)