Skip to main content

Me: Cruel, unkind, spiteful, or malicious, Selfish in a petty way.

Sometimes I think that I am a really mean person. And it's being mean unknowingly. Words just come out without much thoughts. Or perhaps with great thoughts to entertain myself and a few others, but at the expense of a poor soul. After reading an entry on someone's blog, I thought I should reflect on my mean behaviour. For example, I can be really mean to my parents at home. I talk loudly to them, brush them off when they have something to say, and refuse to spare sometime to get interested in what they are talking. I think those are really mean things that I shouldn't have done. Of course mean things can be in the form of sarcasm I hurl at people. The more angry I, the more I strive to be witty and mean. I still remember writing those meanie emails to people who just don't really care what they are doing and not telling them directly in their face. I guess its unfair for me to always judge people with the same measurements of priorities and responsibilities, as well as expecting same opinions as me. And when I do a nasty thing like complaining against someone, perhaps I should spare him the sarcasm (yah, that incident with our dear mr sxxxh, oops there I go again..). But of coz, no qualm bout the complain. For the fairness to everyone, sometimes we have to be a lil' mean. Doesn't mean that when most things in the world is unfair, its okay to shrug off your duties to your teammates right? Living up to the name of complain-kings and queens of singapore, it is another incident to reminisce next time we meet up after graduation, heh heh. And of coz, there were also times when I said mean things about people behind their backs. Not really backstabbing or anything. But rather, sharing some experience about somebody, between a couple of friends, as a kind of joke. Yeah, thats really mean, and I feel bad now for the things I said. But hey, I wasn't lying or anything, those were facts! =P "Harmless gossips for laughter". So people, please keep those stories to yourself. oh-oh, aiya please don't start thinking whether I said any nasty things about you behind your back leh. don't have lah. trust me hor? <- ahem. an excellent display of command of singlish to ease the tension.... Calling people nicknames can be really mean too. I remember this incident in lower sec. I used to go home by train with a few classmates. One day, they started to make fun of my name and called me silly nickname. Of cuz, me with the low eq at the tender age of 14, and being so proud of the name my parents bestow upon me, I got really angry. And I wrote a very mean poem and posted on the noticeboard at the back of the class the next day. Perhaps he felt that it was such an insult and we stopped talking ever since. So silly you might think, but when your friend find you annoying and repeatedly ask you to stop, please do so. Anger often propel people to do all sorta stupid things. And this one was really costly. I know I was really mean when I posted that poem. I never really got to apologise, and I want to do so, if he is reading this (impossible lah, so few people read my blog ha ha). Calling nicknames should be only for showing your affection with your darlings and joking among close friends. Of cuz, sometimes I may also be mean to my girlfriend. Brushing her off when she speaks or when she sings. Or telling her off when she does something which I feel she shouldn't. Well, sorry if I come across to you as mean, but I was really concern about you and I could have expressed in a much better way. Will try to talk less and listen more next time. So much said, I shall be less mean from this day onwards. Nevermind what others might say, or behave, its my own actions, which I should be really aware of. ;0)
image host

Comments

Sunshine said…
hey...readin the first few para of ur entry just reminded me of myself! ahaha....yeah...i'm mean too...and most of time we're being mean without knowing it...so dun blame urself for this....

guess the impt thing is that u actually realised tt u're mean...so its not that bad...better than those ppl who dun think what they did was mean...and thought tt it was actually ok to do all those stuff...

considering sometimes we're the victims of this mean-ness, its ok to be a little mean once in a while...otherwise with all the input and no output can drive us crazy...haha...
egeus said…
Yeah, i guess so. Applying the law of conservation, and what goes round must come back, yeah,its okay to be mean sometimes. hahaha.

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

I Will Be Back With More Time.

It is more than two years since I last blogged! Not that nothing interesting happened. In fact, plenty happened! Shifted house, shifted office, boys grew, had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (ouch!)! Just to name a few. There were gains and losses. Life's ups and downs. Of me, and those around me. I haven't been doing much deep thinking and thus less writing. Not enough time? That is probably an excuse. But it is true that I have not slept well for quite awhile. It is hard to explain the stress from work, where nothing goes smooth, and every step forward is a hurdle. Technology also had made it simple and addictive for us to mindlessly share. Share our thoughts in bits and pieces. Forming persona of ourselves to acquaintances and friends I hardly meet anymore. I remember experimenting with Tumbler, finding ways to post once, publish everywhere. It didn't quite work out. Even when technology made it is so easy, I have not been diligently editing and uploading photos of my darlin

The Last 24 Hours, Twenty-Thirteen.

If you were wondering... Yes I did it for the fifth time on the eve of New Year. Just two of us, made the journey from Marina Bay Financial Centre to Kampung Glam, via the newest Downtown line. You can see my photos here . Still looking for people to join us end of this year. :)