Skip to main content

The Birthday Present.

No flowers, no diamonds, no expensive gift this year for my girlfriend on her birthday. Cuz she already have all those before. So I need to do something extra special to give her the surprise. Also becuz I am broke. =P This is the 3rd month in the anniversary-christmas-birthday-valentine-combo. I planned to make this clay model of a character from one of her favourite anime. So last month I bought a packet of DAS modeling clay from Art Friend. But only started making the model last week. =p Afterall, it wasn't that difficult to model a lump of clay. Wahahaha.

Update: Added this picture of the clay used, cuz a friend of mine (you-know-who-you-are) wants to make some lovely clay ornaments for his girlfriend as V-Day gifts)!


Anyway, below is a pictures of the model. The front before painting,


The back, notice the tail? ;Op


After painting the model,


The painted model with the screenshot from the character in anime. I used it as a reference for modeling.


And finally, my dear with the finished product!


Eh, so hopefully by now, you know what is the character I made for her? Or are you thinking, "What this that lump of black black thing?" -faints-

If you do watch anime or read manga, you should seen it before bah. Heh heh. Its Mokona Modoki from xxxHOLiC.

From the manga,


and anime,


Now that you know what it is, you must probably also be thinking, "Why do you actually waste your time to do it, when you can easily buy the figurines or plush Mokona, which look and feel much nicer?". By the way, there is also the white Mokona from the Tsubasa Chronicles.


Well, the reason is I made it with my heart and hands. Sincere enough or not? Heh heh.

We had celebration together with some friends at Ramen Ramen. I had recommended it in a post last year. They have a new outlet at the Atrium beside Plaza Singapura. The ramen was still delicious, but the side orders were only so-so.

My cutie pie with the Ramen Ramen menu,


Happy Birthday dear! Hope Mokona will keep you happy and bring you good luck this year! Time to crack my brain on the gift for the final month of the combo. 哎呦哎呦喔喔!


Comments

▐≤¡Γ≡ said…
*Thumbs up*

Sincerity is the keyword! n_n
Sunshine said…
wat a sweet boyfriend you are! haha...shld get all the guys to learn from you!

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

I Will Be Back With More Time.

It is more than two years since I last blogged! Not that nothing interesting happened. In fact, plenty happened! Shifted house, shifted office, boys grew, had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (ouch!)! Just to name a few. There were gains and losses. Life's ups and downs. Of me, and those around me. I haven't been doing much deep thinking and thus less writing. Not enough time? That is probably an excuse. But it is true that I have not slept well for quite awhile. It is hard to explain the stress from work, where nothing goes smooth, and every step forward is a hurdle. Technology also had made it simple and addictive for us to mindlessly share. Share our thoughts in bits and pieces. Forming persona of ourselves to acquaintances and friends I hardly meet anymore. I remember experimenting with Tumbler, finding ways to post once, publish everywhere. It didn't quite work out. Even when technology made it is so easy, I have not been diligently editing and uploading photos of my darlin

The Last 24 Hours, Twenty-Thirteen.

If you were wondering... Yes I did it for the fifth time on the eve of New Year. Just two of us, made the journey from Marina Bay Financial Centre to Kampung Glam, via the newest Downtown line. You can see my photos here . Still looking for people to join us end of this year. :)