Skip to main content

Shopping for Perfume.

If you want to buy original but cheaper perfume in Singapore, you'd probably go to Lucky Plaza. You can bargain at the perfume shops in Lucky Plaza which is the exact reason why anyone would wanna shop at Lucky Plaza. I went there with a friend to shop for some perfume this afternoon. It was a shopping experience I never had before in Singapore. As a matter of fact, never before in my life or anywhere in the world.

I usually visit the two shops near McDonald's. Today we decided check out another shop since we had walked from the "Lucky Plaza - Ngee Ann City underpass". We had in mind one of the brand we wanted. So after asking the price, we looked for the 2nd bottle of brand, but at a lower budget. We tested three, can't decide and asked for recommendation from the boss, an Indian lady (not being racist, its just the fact it happened to be an Indian shop). She showed me a black face (no pun intended! heh) and said my budget was too low. She probably wasn't very interested in serving me then, perhaps because I wanted to get something cheap. Anyway we decided to get one of the brands we tested earlier as my friend liked that fragrance.


Me: How much for these two bottles, the medium sized xxxxxx and 30ml xxxxxx?

Indian Lady (IL): $xx.

Me: Erm, got discount?

IL: I am already earning very little profit of a few dollars, I can't sell you any cheaper. It is already cheap.

Me: Hmmmm... can be cheaper? I am buying two bottles leh.

IL: You must be appreciative of the service I provide. I provide the facilities to let you try so many bottles. It's a service. Other shops don't let you try so many bottles. You should appreciate it.
(At this moment, I felt a lil' offended. Why would anyone say their customer is not appreciative of their service? And hey, this is Lucky Plaza, you ASK for discount here.)

Me: But other shops also let you test mah. How to buy if you don't try? heh. $xx can? =)
(Besides we only tried 3 brands... Anyway I was willing to buy if she doesn't give me any discount.)

IL: You are wasting my time. I provide a service for you already and you want to try this try that.
(That was it. Why would anyone say their customer is wasting their time?!)

Me: I don't think I was wasting your time, I wanted to buy. Never mind thanks.
(And we walked out.)


After that we bought the same two bottles at the usual shop for two dollars more that the price the IL quoted, after bargaining with the boss. Although it was more expensive I was very satisfied with his service as he was polite to me. Besides paying for goods, I am willing to pay for service too. Just because I don't have blonde hair (ie. not ang mo), and wear tee and jeans (ie. don't look rich), or the things you sell are cheap (tho' may not be the cheapest in town), do not mean that service can be omitted or can be rude to me.

Next time when you want to buy perfume at Lucky Plaza, please remember DO NOT SHOP AT "Dollars and Scent" at Lucky Plaza B1-75. Condemned. Very poor attitude. You don't want to WASTE THEIR TIME, and if you really must shop there, please SHOW THAT YOU APPRECIATE THEIR SERVICE. That is, if there will be any kind of service at all. Btw, think carefully which few brands you want to buy or test before you enter the shop. Three tries, thats it - you are wasting their time!

Comments

egeus said…
unique indeed. that totally sucked. let your friends know too. don't shop from such people!
▐≤¡Γ≡ said…
hmm... as their shop name suggests, minus the "s", dollars and cents matter more than s (service).
egeus said…
You are right. They definitely ain't quite sure what is service.

Just to reiterate my point. Don't Buy From "Dollars and Scents". Its up to you if you wanna go try try and tell her you think you wasted her time and feel sorry. Its all part of helping them. They have to learn thru the "hard way"?
Firoz Khan said…
electronic shop -India's First Social Shopping & Social eCommerce Site For trendy fashion, alternative footwear, best fashion, Electronic Products Shop anything at OWNOW.COM

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

I Will Be Back With More Time.

It is more than two years since I last blogged! Not that nothing interesting happened. In fact, plenty happened! Shifted house, shifted office, boys grew, had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (ouch!)! Just to name a few. There were gains and losses. Life's ups and downs. Of me, and those around me. I haven't been doing much deep thinking and thus less writing. Not enough time? That is probably an excuse. But it is true that I have not slept well for quite awhile. It is hard to explain the stress from work, where nothing goes smooth, and every step forward is a hurdle. Technology also had made it simple and addictive for us to mindlessly share. Share our thoughts in bits and pieces. Forming persona of ourselves to acquaintances and friends I hardly meet anymore. I remember experimenting with Tumbler, finding ways to post once, publish everywhere. It didn't quite work out. Even when technology made it is so easy, I have not been diligently editing and uploading photos of my darlin

The Last 24 Hours, Twenty-Thirteen.

If you were wondering... Yes I did it for the fifth time on the eve of New Year. Just two of us, made the journey from Marina Bay Financial Centre to Kampung Glam, via the newest Downtown line. You can see my photos here . Still looking for people to join us end of this year. :)