Skip to main content

Chizu Ramen.

What do you first look for in a fantastic bowl of ramen? I think it has to be the soup. *slurps and then my eyes wide open* hmmmmm... Next its the noodles. *slurps munch munch munch* What's that unqiue taste? Its the noodles mixed with melting cheese! Oyishii!

Sorry no photographs, cuz we are not allowed to carry camera handphones during at work. =p

I had saw them featured on TV a few years ago, and Thurday I finally tasted it. I think Naruto will probably recommend it too. heh heh. It was one of the best ramen I have tasted so far (maybe I have not tried enough?). But I'll definitely recommend you try the Ramen Ramen Singapore, at Upper Bukit Timah Road's Rail Mall, if you happen to be around that area. It is kinda outta the way lah, especially if you don't drive.

A bowl of ramen is around 8 bucks, and 1 dollar for each additional topping. I think that is abit steep, but my colleague said thats the normal price of ramen. I tried the Chizu Ramen, ie. ramen with cheese, which cost a dollar more than the Ramen Ramen Ramen. Almost everything was perfect. The char siew was nice and tender too. If you don't like cheese, you can try the long list of other ramen, or order what my colleagues tried, the Ramenx3 with mushroom topping.

I did a quick google and found this blog with a review on Ramen Ramen as well. "... as featured heavily just earlier this year because the owner was an engineer turned ramen cook. Ramen Ramen boasts fresh home-made noodles, and a specially-concocted soup base made from a rich Tonkotsu (pork broth) soup that takes up to 20 hours to brew." Some photos here from another site.

No wonder the soup tasted so good, 20 hours to brew leh! This is so inspiring, perhaps I can be an engineer turned pasta cook next time if I get tired of my IT job. But I will need to work on my pasta which normally only take 20 minutes to whip out. heh heh.

Btw... Ramen Ramen opens from 1200-1500 hrs, 1800-2200 hrs and closed on Mondays! Don't make a wasted trip. heh heh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

I Will Be Back With More Time.

It is more than two years since I last blogged! Not that nothing interesting happened. In fact, plenty happened! Shifted house, shifted office, boys grew, had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (ouch!)! Just to name a few. There were gains and losses. Life's ups and downs. Of me, and those around me. I haven't been doing much deep thinking and thus less writing. Not enough time? That is probably an excuse. But it is true that I have not slept well for quite awhile. It is hard to explain the stress from work, where nothing goes smooth, and every step forward is a hurdle. Technology also had made it simple and addictive for us to mindlessly share. Share our thoughts in bits and pieces. Forming persona of ourselves to acquaintances and friends I hardly meet anymore. I remember experimenting with Tumbler, finding ways to post once, publish everywhere. It didn't quite work out. Even when technology made it is so easy, I have not been diligently editing and uploading photos of my darlin

The Last 24 Hours, Twenty-Thirteen.

If you were wondering... Yes I did it for the fifth time on the eve of New Year. Just two of us, made the journey from Marina Bay Financial Centre to Kampung Glam, via the newest Downtown line. You can see my photos here . Still looking for people to join us end of this year. :)