Skip to main content

Resolutions 2007.

My resolutions for 2007 in no particular order:

1. To understand women better. Why do they constantly change their mind and consider reasons like "because I want to" or "because I don't want to" as valid? Where are the logical reasonings that lead to decisions? I try to believe it is their nature given rights to do so, and try to behave and react properly. However, deep inside I am pissed, which makes me sound like a petty loser. So I'd want to really understand why they behave this way.

2. To get further certifications. With lack of experience and opportunities, the only way I can further improve myself professionally is to get certified. By doing so, I can get more solid foundations and learn technologies which I do not have chance to apply. Besides, although some people may say this is just paper chase, it is much more than that. It is another great challenge for me as I will be more busier with the new semester reopening next week.

3. To get back my sense of humor. Right now, the only person I can amuse is my girlfriend. =P Perhaps it is because I am comfortable and confident around her. But much less so around others in the society. Or is it because I am getting worn out by the responsibilities of an adult?

4. To treat my girlfriend better. This is something from last year. Not that I did not do so last year, but it wouldn't be a bad thing if I can treat her even better this year right? Its more than just gifts and surprises. Its more of proving myself to be reliable enough to be part of her future. Its more of being understanding and respecting what she is doing for us. Not easy, we tend to take things for granted all the time.

5. To spend more time with my family. This is another one from last year. As a family, we had went through alot in the past two years. Hopefully, this year I can spend much more time with them, and let them enjoy some fruit of success. It'll be great if I can afford to sponsor my parents on a short trip! Besides spending more time, I should really listen to my parents more. When I started to assume more responsibilities, eg. pay the bills, give the allowances, etc., there is the tendency for me to talk more and listen less. Sometimes, I say things that may hurt them. I remember just the other I told my mum off when she wanted to show me the better way to walk from the bus-stop to my block. I insisted that she take my usual path. It was only when I tried the path she told me, I discovered that it was shorter and safer. So I probably should listen more, before I comment or talk back.

6. To perform better in my studies. Don't underestimate one's hunger to excel. My expectations were very low before examinations, but I wanted to do much better when I received my results. I believe I can actually do better. If only I can be more consistent, disciplined, and put in more effort.

7. To read read read. 2006 was a good year when it comes to books. I started my reading habit. Now, all I have to do is to finish the last four (yea, the count increased by one since my 2006 resolutions review, I just bought another on Monday) books, before buying more.

8. To build stronger bond with my friends. I am not sure whether I am alone in this, but I am rather serious about knowing friends better and develop something more. Cuz I believe in putting effort to build such bonds. In fact, I already have some special feelings with these friends. I think its fate. I think its some unknown element that attracts me. Colleagues come and go, but friends are for much longer. =)

9. To learn this, learn that, appreciate this, appreciate that. This is the miscellaneous learning objective. Heh heh. Nothing concrete yet. Tentatively I want to pick up a musical instrument, maybe cello. Tho' I think I may be just satisfied with going KTV often as I am getting abit better in singing (my dear was really impressed when I managed to sing in tune!) Wahahaha. Perhaps blading as well.

10. To get rich. Spend less, save more, invest wisely. Golden rules to getting rich. Buying Toto and 4D not included. After clearing two loans, I can save more. However I still need to put all my bonus into my school fees. Also need to continue to service my study loan and pay the income tax. That brings me to one question, why do I have to pay Property Tax and TV Tax?! Why do I have to pay for the damm blardy lousy shows on Mediacorp channels when most of the time my parents watch SCV channels. And why do we need to pay for residential property when we are not making $ outta it? Can someone enlighten me?

That's a handful of resolutions for the year. More more more, this word appeared several times in my resolutions. Yes, its similar to last year's but I want to do much more this year!

Comments

egeus said…
Of cuz its not you. I am talking about women in general. You are so nice too. But you know I am always 24hrs on standby mobilisation, eg. Tuesday morning before KTV. heh

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

I Will Be Back With More Time.

It is more than two years since I last blogged! Not that nothing interesting happened. In fact, plenty happened! Shifted house, shifted office, boys grew, had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (ouch!)! Just to name a few. There were gains and losses. Life's ups and downs. Of me, and those around me. I haven't been doing much deep thinking and thus less writing. Not enough time? That is probably an excuse. But it is true that I have not slept well for quite awhile. It is hard to explain the stress from work, where nothing goes smooth, and every step forward is a hurdle. Technology also had made it simple and addictive for us to mindlessly share. Share our thoughts in bits and pieces. Forming persona of ourselves to acquaintances and friends I hardly meet anymore. I remember experimenting with Tumbler, finding ways to post once, publish everywhere. It didn't quite work out. Even when technology made it is so easy, I have not been diligently editing and uploading photos of my darlin

The Last 24 Hours, Twenty-Thirteen.

If you were wondering... Yes I did it for the fifth time on the eve of New Year. Just two of us, made the journey from Marina Bay Financial Centre to Kampung Glam, via the newest Downtown line. You can see my photos here . Still looking for people to join us end of this year. :)