Skip to main content

Alternative Remedy for Heat Rash.

Ailment: Heat rash

Remedy: Apply toothpaste all over your body. Bathe an hour later. And you'll feel cooling the whole day.

I made my way to Canteen B to study on Tuesday morning.It was really hot and some heat rash thingy developed around my neck (those red lines). It wasn't serious, and they normally disappear after I cool down. 发发 said I have them cuz I hung myself to death in my last life (this is how silly guy with pms will think). -yeah right-. At the vegetarian stall, the uncle dispensed me the advice above. I just smiled widely at him. I was quite surprised that a stranger would be so concerned about me and dispensed me those advice. Maybe it is because our society is rather "cold" at times, any small act of being socially-responsible or "spontaneous-kindness" impress me. For example, there was this incident on the train the other day when a guy left some stains on the floor after he put down a plastic bag. Apparently the plastic bag contained some oily substance and the bag was leaking. He quickly started wiping the floor with a pathetic piece of paper (yeah, he did not have any tissue paper with him). I think most people will not really care when they dirty a public place. Then, two ladies who saw this poor guy trying very hard to clean the stains offered him some tissue paper. These two lil' gestures impressed me. I think our society do need more people like them. And less of those people who block the doorways, refuse to move in on the bus, play soccer at void decks... the list goes on and on...

Back to the alternative remedy to heat rash, I have not tried them yet. Not sure there'll be any strange reaction. lol. Maybe someone can try and let me know okay?

I saw mr shonendumm having chit-chats with his friends in Canteen B today, in flip-flops. I must say he looked really care-free and relaxed. What is he doing in school??? What is his business here? For someone who finished his last paper before I started mine, he should be anywhere but in school. Hah, hopefully I don't see you around in school till next week okay?

Btw, today's paper was a killer. I really hope it won't kill me. Please give me my convo this July...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

I Will Be Back With More Time.

It is more than two years since I last blogged! Not that nothing interesting happened. In fact, plenty happened! Shifted house, shifted office, boys grew, had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (ouch!)! Just to name a few. There were gains and losses. Life's ups and downs. Of me, and those around me. I haven't been doing much deep thinking and thus less writing. Not enough time? That is probably an excuse. But it is true that I have not slept well for quite awhile. It is hard to explain the stress from work, where nothing goes smooth, and every step forward is a hurdle. Technology also had made it simple and addictive for us to mindlessly share. Share our thoughts in bits and pieces. Forming persona of ourselves to acquaintances and friends I hardly meet anymore. I remember experimenting with Tumbler, finding ways to post once, publish everywhere. It didn't quite work out. Even when technology made it is so easy, I have not been diligently editing and uploading photos of my darlin

The Last 24 Hours, Twenty-Thirteen.

If you were wondering... Yes I did it for the fifth time on the eve of New Year. Just two of us, made the journey from Marina Bay Financial Centre to Kampung Glam, via the newest Downtown line. You can see my photos here . Still looking for people to join us end of this year. :)