Skip to main content

Have You FB Yet?

It is something similar to Friendster, yet it is not Friendster. I guess one similarity is that both of them are social networking website. However, Facebook has much more to offer. If you are thinking its another Hi5 or mySpace, not quite. It has clean user interface and is highly configurable with many 3rd applications add-ons for your profile. And these applications are really creative ways for you to interact with your friends on the site, besides usual viewing of personal information, photos, etc. I was one of the reluctant folks who refused to sign up, till I met a long lost friend who asked if I have an account on Facebook. Curiosity got the better of me and now I am having lotsa fun. =)


The thing I like most about Facebook is the photo application. There is this need Java applet with thumbnails that let you upload your photos by folder. You can further select photos you want in the folder itself. But you can only upload at most 60 photos in an album, at a time, which will take at around 5mins or so. Besides the usual captions, you can also select areas on the photo to identify the person or object. If it is a person with a Facebook account, you can tag to his/her profile. The photos are displayed in appropriate size, that makes viewing really easy and comfortable. Btw, did I mention it is unlimited storage for the photos? Unlike some sites like Flickr, where you have to pay otherwise it'll be cap at a certain number of photos.

Anyway, I had been quite busy to blog on the TOML series. It is still stuck in Goteborg at the moment. Meantime, I chose some good (IMHO) photos and uploaded them on Facebook. I have not put in the captions and comments yet tho'. If you have a Facebook account, just add me and drop by my photo albums! If not, you still can view them, but only one album at a time. Below are the links:

The Fortress of Sweden
Capital of Three Crowns
Capital of Scandinavia
City of Oslo Part I
City of Oslo Part II
City of Oslo Part III
Norway In A Nutshell Fjord Tour Part I
Norway In A Nutshell Fjord Tour Part II
Ancient Capital of Norway
The City That Rains More Than Singapore
Home of Carlsberg
Finding Little Mermaid Part I
Finding Little Mermaid Part II

So are you gonna join? Well well well, there is a down side to all these. You gotta have time on hand. Time to explore which application best fit your profile. Time to poke your friend or plant a few flowers in their gardens. And it can be quite addictive. For starters, there is just so much you need to do. Let's see how long before I get bored with it. =P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

I Will Be Back With More Time.

It is more than two years since I last blogged! Not that nothing interesting happened. In fact, plenty happened! Shifted house, shifted office, boys grew, had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (ouch!)! Just to name a few. There were gains and losses. Life's ups and downs. Of me, and those around me. I haven't been doing much deep thinking and thus less writing. Not enough time? That is probably an excuse. But it is true that I have not slept well for quite awhile. It is hard to explain the stress from work, where nothing goes smooth, and every step forward is a hurdle. Technology also had made it simple and addictive for us to mindlessly share. Share our thoughts in bits and pieces. Forming persona of ourselves to acquaintances and friends I hardly meet anymore. I remember experimenting with Tumbler, finding ways to post once, publish everywhere. It didn't quite work out. Even when technology made it is so easy, I have not been diligently editing and uploading photos of my darlin

The Last 24 Hours, Twenty-Thirteen.

If you were wondering... Yes I did it for the fifth time on the eve of New Year. Just two of us, made the journey from Marina Bay Financial Centre to Kampung Glam, via the newest Downtown line. You can see my photos here . Still looking for people to join us end of this year. :)