Skip to main content

Why I like Christmas?

Do you like Christmas? I like Christmas. I don't celebrate it as a religious holiday, but more for the commercial reason of it. Not to make a pile of $ out of it, but to do what all vendors like us to do - buy gifts for your family and friends.

Gift is one of the many representation of sharing and it is a fabulous one! Although you can buy gifts for anyone on any day, and everyday can be Christmas. However, on this occasion, it seems to be the perfect excuse to do so without getting awkward and mushy. You can put in extra effort to buy that special gift for that someone you have crush on, and it'll be great if he or she get that hint - so romantic! If not, you can say "hey its Christmas! We are good friends!". And bosses can also sincerely show appreciation by buying gifts for their subordinates who had been working hard for them all year. It is also good opportunity to drop a Christmas greeting to your friends who you have not been keeping touch, to let them know you have not deleted their number from your phone book and you are still alive and kicking! It is also a time to indulge in sinful goodies like chocolates and get new clothes for yourself. I have not done the latter cuz I am short in cash. The anniversary-christmas-birthday-valentine-combo from November to February is just too much for my swallow pockets. =P I also like Christmas for the countdown. No matter if its at the playground or over the phone with my girlfriend. Tick. Christmas!!! And you hear the voice of someone you love. Thats wonderful. Not forgetting Christmas is the time to knock on doors of everyone's heart to think about the less privileged. I am sure they need our support all year round, but during Christmas, everyone is more willing to lend their helping hand.

Mostly, I like Christmas for its jazzy feeling. Finally, I like Christmas for the carols that bring joy to me when I sing them and others who hear them (not from my awful voice lah heh heh). My favourite Christmas carol is from my secondary school caroling days, Natalie Sleeth's "Christmas Is A Feeling". Here are the words, let's sing together ok?

Christmas is a feeling filling the air,
It's love and joy and laughter of people everywhere;
Christmas is a feeling bringing good cheer,
It reaches out to touch you as the holiday draws near.
It's mistletoe and falling snow and candles burning bright;
It's a baby in a manger on a cold winter night;
It's caring and sharing and gifts by the tree;
It's the spirit of giving in you and in me.
But if Christmas is a feeling bringing such good cheer,
Then why, O why don't you and I try to make it last all year?

Yeah, why don't we make it last all year? See you next year. Merry Christmas folks! =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

I Will Be Back With More Time.

It is more than two years since I last blogged! Not that nothing interesting happened. In fact, plenty happened! Shifted house, shifted office, boys grew, had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (ouch!)! Just to name a few. There were gains and losses. Life's ups and downs. Of me, and those around me. I haven't been doing much deep thinking and thus less writing. Not enough time? That is probably an excuse. But it is true that I have not slept well for quite awhile. It is hard to explain the stress from work, where nothing goes smooth, and every step forward is a hurdle. Technology also had made it simple and addictive for us to mindlessly share. Share our thoughts in bits and pieces. Forming persona of ourselves to acquaintances and friends I hardly meet anymore. I remember experimenting with Tumbler, finding ways to post once, publish everywhere. It didn't quite work out. Even when technology made it is so easy, I have not been diligently editing and uploading photos of my darlin

The Last 24 Hours, Twenty-Thirteen.

If you were wondering... Yes I did it for the fifth time on the eve of New Year. Just two of us, made the journey from Marina Bay Financial Centre to Kampung Glam, via the newest Downtown line. You can see my photos here . Still looking for people to join us end of this year. :)