Skip to main content

25 Things About Me.

Previously published in Facebook Notes:

Was tagged by Chai Keong. Here goes my answer...

Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you (Total 26 people). If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

*****************

1. I have always feel that it is better to express your feeling for someone than to regret for life. My first rejection was at 12.

2. I wish I'm taller. She was and still is taller than me. Tho' I definitely don't hold any feelings for her anymore.

3. I enjoyed being alone but grow up to enjoy company of friends, only the closest and lovest ones.

4. I liked playing sports. I'm just a fat lazy bum now.

5. I was never good at sports, except shooting some hoops. They never want to pass the ball to me, maybe I was too short.

6. My idols on the hardwood courts were Michael Jordan and Chris Webber. Pete Sampras and Roger Federer from the other courts were later added to the list. I also admire Tiger Woods ever since I read about how many hours he put into training daily.

7. My first impressions of people are often wrong.

8. I played the Er-Hu in primary school, I sang in the choir in secondary school. I had always wanted to be a rock star or a drummer.

9. I played the harmonica too. Never from scores, never had proper lessons, never knew if I hold the right tune.

10. I enjoy spicy food, but do not have the habit of adding chili to my food, not even for Hainanese chicken rice.

11. Dad is my role model when I grew up, close friends influenced me to be who I'm today.

12. I joined NCC(Air) in secondary one, survived the sadist senior from hell. I left in secondary two when he graduated and life was getting easier. First time I learned the meaning of quitting.

13. I first programmed in GW Basic when I was 8 on my IPC XT 8086 machine. Simply typing the source codes I found in books from the library. Started learning programming again in university, only because I majored in Computer Engineering. Did a few for/while loops and Assembly for my hardware. Now, it is my job.

14. I was poor in Mathematics and hated it. While others got A, I got D. I prided myself for majoring in 'mathema-tistic' Engineering and getting my only A in freshman semester one, in Mathematics! In recent years I tutored in Mathematics.

15. I took Bahasa Melayu and Spanish beginners lessons before. But can only speak Mandarin, English, Singlish and a little bit of dialect, Teochew.

16. I have a soft spot for romance and humour. Thus my favourite genre is romantic comedy.

17. I forgive, forget and try again. That's what making life so miserable for me - the try again.

18. My friends remember me by some embarrassing incidents with them, the puma shoe, and cereal cap, just to name a few. I am happy that they do because while the incidents are embarrassing, I'm not. And it makes me happy that these are their fond memories.

19. I have an engineer's mind and a woman's heart. I want to solve your problems, but for you just to listen to mine.

20. I am a mole-ly person. Luckily all at the right spots.

21. I had education in one pre school, three primary schools, one secondary school, one junior college and two universities. I think I still want to do more because in between that string of education, I was an underachiever and I want to continue to prove that I'm not.

22. I enjoy water sports, but I am a non-swimmer. Okay, you may laugh. :-)

23. I enjoy photography. Never trained, never in a photography club, never good, never stop snapping since I bought my FZ-18.

24. My blog has become part of my life. I want to document every memorable things so that I can read about them when I have Alzheimer's and my memory fails. I neglect it at times, but will always come back to it when I'm itching to tell my story.

25. I like to do my thinking while traveling on public transport. I feel that it is the most efficient way to utilise time while stuck in a space. I did this list in the MRT train. In two mornings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

I Will Be Back With More Time.

It is more than two years since I last blogged! Not that nothing interesting happened. In fact, plenty happened! Shifted house, shifted office, boys grew, had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (ouch!)! Just to name a few. There were gains and losses. Life's ups and downs. Of me, and those around me. I haven't been doing much deep thinking and thus less writing. Not enough time? That is probably an excuse. But it is true that I have not slept well for quite awhile. It is hard to explain the stress from work, where nothing goes smooth, and every step forward is a hurdle. Technology also had made it simple and addictive for us to mindlessly share. Share our thoughts in bits and pieces. Forming persona of ourselves to acquaintances and friends I hardly meet anymore. I remember experimenting with Tumbler, finding ways to post once, publish everywhere. It didn't quite work out. Even when technology made it is so easy, I have not been diligently editing and uploading photos of my darlin

The Last 24 Hours, Twenty-Thirteen.

If you were wondering... Yes I did it for the fifth time on the eve of New Year. Just two of us, made the journey from Marina Bay Financial Centre to Kampung Glam, via the newest Downtown line. You can see my photos here . Still looking for people to join us end of this year. :)