Skip to main content

Six!

It was a fruitful day. It was also an extra special and memorable day this year. November the 8th, we celebrate the 6th-year since we started dating. And this year, I celebrated it with not my girlfriend, but my wife. :p

Looking back, I found an entry from three years ago, 2005. In 2006, I gave a rosy Swatch watch to my dear. And in 2007, she was away in Goteborg. Usually the big prezzies come in February - the anniversary-cum-christmas-cum-birthday-cum-valentine's-combo. This year, I had the opportunity to deliver it early. After getting it about a month ago, I couldn't help but to give it to her on this special day! But before we come to the presents, we had 翻山越岭...

Our journey started at the Hort Park.


We were probably just one of the few Singaporeans who had yet to make this journey. It was a good chance for us to sweat it out and for me to season my new hiking shoes. As the mid-day sun was almost unbearable, we took bigger strides and stopped occasionally for photographs.


For the urbanites, even the sight of the common squirrel was amusing.

We made it to Telok Blangah Hill in no time where we enjoyed the shade from the trees and the breeze at that altitude.

Taking another breather at the famous Henderson Waves...

I realised I was a lil' afraid of heights as I peeked between the wooden planks of the bridge floor.


Onwards from the Waves, we walked towards to the top of Mount Faber. Half way through, we could see the Duxton not far away, still under construction.

Near the Jewel Box (Mount Faber Cable Car Station), we posed for pictures in the cable car like curious tourists. In fact, it was the first time I sat in a Singapore cable car (even tho' this was grounded!).

Along the way, beautiful flowers bloomed. At the top of the hill, we could see the Sentosa Integrated Resort which was under construction as well, and the Star Cruise at HabourFront.



After a quick bite of the strawberry sandwich my wife made (which I mistaken for purple cabbages!), we made our way downhill to Vivocity, along Marang Trail. I would think this was the toughest part of the journey as it was a trail after all. We were glad that we get to walk down the staircases, instead of climbing up.

We finished the journey at a leisure pace and it took us one and a half hour.

After a short rest at Vivocity, we made our way to Allson Hotel for "Tunch". It was the first time I came across this term. Apparently it meant lunch+tea, like brunch which meant breakfast+lunch. The tunch was really affordable and the ambiance was rather homey. There wasn't a large variety of food, but they were healthy and low in fat. Most of the diners were family, and there was even a class reunion! For us, it was a good opportunity to give each other our the presents!

My sweet wife, as usual, bought me something which I wanted. A brand new bottle, a replacement cap (the old black and white cap turned red and white after bleaching), a digital watch! Useful items to prepare me for my big trip ahead!


As for my dear, I got her a new wallet. I guess the photographs explain it all.



We ended the evening like typical newly-weds, shopping for pots and pans using discounted stamp coupons at the departmental store. =) Of course, I think this is a good thing. So what come November 2009?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

I Will Be Back With More Time.

It is more than two years since I last blogged! Not that nothing interesting happened. In fact, plenty happened! Shifted house, shifted office, boys grew, had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (ouch!)! Just to name a few. There were gains and losses. Life's ups and downs. Of me, and those around me. I haven't been doing much deep thinking and thus less writing. Not enough time? That is probably an excuse. But it is true that I have not slept well for quite awhile. It is hard to explain the stress from work, where nothing goes smooth, and every step forward is a hurdle. Technology also had made it simple and addictive for us to mindlessly share. Share our thoughts in bits and pieces. Forming persona of ourselves to acquaintances and friends I hardly meet anymore. I remember experimenting with Tumbler, finding ways to post once, publish everywhere. It didn't quite work out. Even when technology made it is so easy, I have not been diligently editing and uploading photos of my darlin

The Last 24 Hours, Twenty-Thirteen.

If you were wondering... Yes I did it for the fifth time on the eve of New Year. Just two of us, made the journey from Marina Bay Financial Centre to Kampung Glam, via the newest Downtown line. You can see my photos here . Still looking for people to join us end of this year. :)