Skip to main content

The iDream.

Last night I dream about having a Apple iBook. I am not sure whether its the craze of having some Apple gadget that gotten into me or the fact that I can't forget reading an article about someone's MacBook magsafe power connector burst into flame (you can still find the mosiac of the ruined connector here. Isn't it scary? I am gonna think twice about leaving my electrical appliances on when I am not in the house. I think it is a good practice to switch off everything, of cuz 'cept for the fridge.

Last week, there was the
Creative warehouse sale again. I wanted to get the 19 bucks web cam, but didn't have time to do so. I wonder how was the turnout, Was there a queue before they even open? With the Apple craze (the "i" prefix in almost everything new, iGallop, iSqueeze????) going on, products like the classic iPod, Shuffle, Nano, etc., Creative seems to be losing steam. I have not tried any Apple products, so I can't really comment, but I am using the Creative Zen Neeon, and I think its pretty good. So far, in the eight months, it only crashed once. All I had to do was to find one tiny needle-like pin to hit the hardware reset button. I struggled awhile to find it, as I was on the road, ended up using my keychain to do the job. My only complain is the earphones that come with it. They ain't very comfortable (perhaps my ears are too small! hah). Okay, one more complain, only a few colours for the LCD screen are the text clearly visible. I have not used the stick-on thingy yet, cuz my Neeon is the pouch most of the time, and I don't really mine using the original transparent plastic cover.

Maybe that is the reason why I have not got into the Apple craze yet. I am sure its a no-brainer to know that why Apple products sell better than Creative lies in the marketing, the image that comes with the product, perhaps like owning a LV bag? The users perceive themselves as "cool" once they have those white earphones plugged in (although most may deny it). Few weeks ago, I went to this authorised Apple dealer outlet at Cineleisure, and it wasn't long before I knew why there are so many followers. The range of designer accesssories, coupled with the sleek cool furnishing of the shop, captivated me. The one thing that put me off was the price. Probably the marketing gurus at Creative also realised that long ago, but in this industry, you gotta be faster than the rest. Every move Creative made to package their products as cool, seemed to be copying Apple. I said "seemed to be", I didn't say they are. But I do like the Gorillaz's kinda cartoon figures appearing on the stick-ons. Sleek cartoon image is the way to go.

IMHO, I think they should continue to work on the fact that their products are of great quality (getting some endorsements from audiophilies) and target their marketing online rather than on mass media. It takes just word of mouth and bloggers blogging about it, before their products become really "hip" to have. An impressive portal will definitely help the cause. It is also nice to work on abit of Nationalism. Afterall, Creative soundcards were one of the first from Singapore to make it big in the States.

After all that said, these are just passing comments, nothing concrete and I don't expect anyone to take me seriously. Besides, I was once rejected by Creative when I first applied for job. Ha ha.

I am not hurry in trying the Apple products, as I still like my present ones alot. Yeah, I think the Fujitsu notebook I'm using now is one of the most worthwhile product I got since my PC. Together with this cheap and classy DIY mini table from Ikea, I can lie anywhere at home (including on my bed!) to use my notebook, without enjoying the warmth it produces. Of cuz this posture isn't very good, always better to sit at the desk on a chair with good support. But this table is the perfect accessory for the relaxing lifestyle. You should consider getting one of these tables too! ;O)



Btw, my girlfriend and I had started a tech blog, Fuzzy Space, to share some of the lil' things we learned everyday. Nothing in depth, but hopefully useful. Below is a screenshot of it, we have yet to decide the official launch date of it tho'. Heh heh.



Hmmmm ... what was that dream about...?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

I Will Be Back With More Time.

It is more than two years since I last blogged! Not that nothing interesting happened. In fact, plenty happened! Shifted house, shifted office, boys grew, had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (ouch!)! Just to name a few. There were gains and losses. Life's ups and downs. Of me, and those around me. I haven't been doing much deep thinking and thus less writing. Not enough time? That is probably an excuse. But it is true that I have not slept well for quite awhile. It is hard to explain the stress from work, where nothing goes smooth, and every step forward is a hurdle. Technology also had made it simple and addictive for us to mindlessly share. Share our thoughts in bits and pieces. Forming persona of ourselves to acquaintances and friends I hardly meet anymore. I remember experimenting with Tumbler, finding ways to post once, publish everywhere. It didn't quite work out. Even when technology made it is so easy, I have not been diligently editing and uploading photos of my darlin

The Last 24 Hours, Twenty-Thirteen.

If you were wondering... Yes I did it for the fifth time on the eve of New Year. Just two of us, made the journey from Marina Bay Financial Centre to Kampung Glam, via the newest Downtown line. You can see my photos here . Still looking for people to join us end of this year. :)