Skip to main content

Still Sober After MoMo.

I am not dispensing an advice, neither am I bullshiting out a big theory. I am blogging this down here for myself. Thinking thru' it, making myself feel better as I type...

I'm not sure whether talking about things/problems is always the right thing to do. I mean when you talk about it, things get clearer, problems are magnified. At the same time, emotions are also stirred up and reinforced. And that makes me quite unhappy. But the fact is, sometimes problems stay there when you don't do anything about it. After a period, you might think why do I have to remind myself about it again? But hey, the problem will continue to haunt you in some way until the day you take those skeletons out of your closet. So it might be good to just talk it out early. In life, most of the time, others are unable to solve the problems for us, they may try to console us, try to think of solutions, and even give you the so-call model answers. But we should feel the warmth, they care, they bother, their intentions are noble. It is up to ourselves to defeat the greatest hurdle, our emotions.

This modern day drama is showing everyday. The unfortunates of life, the emotion burdens, losing your loved ones, coming down with illness, coping with money issues. When I sit down and think, thats a whole lot of things to settle. And thinking about it is so tiring already! Okay okay, one at a time, slowly, its okay to be slow just get it over and done with.

I am sure everyone has their own drama playing in their life, that others are unaware of. So let us assume, and not assume that we they lead a happy life and we are the only ones with shits in our life, but assume that they are leading a worse of life which they kept to themselves. So when your friends or family members are agitated, don't be so quick to dismiss it as them having lousy attitude and say something nasty back. We need to listen more, talk more, listen even more. We need patience.


Let's take a big SIGH. Let's also take a deep BREATH! Feel much better now? Another baggage dropped, another bar added to our energy level indicator.

I'm not a religious person, but I do believe in miracles and a higher being out there listening to us when all others don't. You might call this being God? I pray to God that everyone will be able to solve their problems and get something good out of it along the way. Dad, mum, sis, dear, and you and you and you and my dearest friends, I pray for you!

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

I Will Be Back With More Time.

It is more than two years since I last blogged! Not that nothing interesting happened. In fact, plenty happened! Shifted house, shifted office, boys grew, had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (ouch!)! Just to name a few. There were gains and losses. Life's ups and downs. Of me, and those around me. I haven't been doing much deep thinking and thus less writing. Not enough time? That is probably an excuse. But it is true that I have not slept well for quite awhile. It is hard to explain the stress from work, where nothing goes smooth, and every step forward is a hurdle. Technology also had made it simple and addictive for us to mindlessly share. Share our thoughts in bits and pieces. Forming persona of ourselves to acquaintances and friends I hardly meet anymore. I remember experimenting with Tumbler, finding ways to post once, publish everywhere. It didn't quite work out. Even when technology made it is so easy, I have not been diligently editing and uploading photos of my darlin

The Last 24 Hours, Twenty-Thirteen.

If you were wondering... Yes I did it for the fifth time on the eve of New Year. Just two of us, made the journey from Marina Bay Financial Centre to Kampung Glam, via the newest Downtown line. You can see my photos here . Still looking for people to join us end of this year. :)