Skip to main content

Sensitive New Age Guy.

Women are from Venus and Men are from Mars. And then, there are the Men from Mars AND Venus - SNAG (no lah, the Taurus Men). The SNAG. Guys determined to be gal's best friend by keeping in touch with his sensitive side. Unfortunately, there is always two sides to a coin. Where is the thin line between "being sensitive to his feelings" and "being over sensitive"? Ironic. I don't think there is an easy way to identify this line. Perhaps, the key is in understanding women, but not becoming one emotiontionally. Cuz most men have a big flaw, their big gap (not exactly a gift). It is a disasterous combination. Throw in the modern day virtual communication tools, the sms, instant messengers, emails, that is the recipe for the deadly mix. It does not take a rocket scientist to discover that SNAGs are fast becoming less popular among women.

The product of such mix is man with moodswing. Let me tell you, moodswings are killers of lives. Sometimes bringing everything to a standstill. I was on the train one morning and doddled the moody-man below on my PPC.
moody-man
Well, things are not always as bad as they seem. Sometimes, you discover gems in the process. You reflect, grow, and appreciate (so cliche huh? hah. the cliche things in life are so cuz they are usually true!).

Let me share with you this band, Simple Plan (probably you have heard of them?). An EMO band, their songs are perfect drugs to nurse the wound from moodswings. You got to check out the album "Still Not Getting Any". Fantastic lyrics and melody.

"I used to think that I was strong
Until the day it all went wrong
I think I need a miracle to make it through"
(Perfect World)

"I'm a nightmare, a disaster
That's what they always say
I'm a lost cause, not a hero
But I'll make it on my own
I've gotta prove them wrong
Me against the world"
(Me Against The World)

"Diet pills, surgery
Photoshopped pictures in magazines
Telling them how they should be
It doesn't make sense to me
Is everybody going crazy?
Is anybody gonna save me?"
(Crazy)

"Give me this chance
To make the wrongs right,to say
Don't don't don't walk away
I promise
I won't let you down (you down)
If you take my hand tonight
I promise"
(Promise)

"How could this happen to me
I made my mistakes
I’ve got no where to run
The night goes on
As I’m fading away
I’m sick of this life
I just wanna scream
How could this happen to me"
(Untitled)

"To be hurt
To feel lost
To be left out in the dark
To be kicked when you're down
To feel like you've been pushed around
To be on the edge of breaking down
And no one's there to save you
No you don't know what it's like
Welcome to my life"
(Welcome to My Life)

Isn't that like having someone sharing your feelings and ain't too shy to express it out? It is okay to whine, man or boy, SNAG or not.

SNAG, will you still want one?

P.S. Can we have a poll on the above question from the female readers (not interested in the opinions of guy-desiring men)?

P.P.S. I'm fine, just being abit more reflective on the lil' insignificant things in life lately. Joker also have his serious side mah. Or is it another episode of quarter-life crisis?

Comments

Sunshine said…
hm...i guess women are kinda complicated...haha

well...how would you define a SNAG in the first place? someone who's sensitive to women's emotional needs? someone who can think in the women's shoes? someone who's considerate and caring towards women?

i guess MOST women will want a SNAG...but the thing is we dun wan an overly emotional guy! we dun wan someone who's over sensitive, who nags like a women etc....we want someone who's got a good mix and he must know how to balance it well...there're times when he need to show the SNAG side of him and other times he just need to be a normal guy to complement us.... that'll probably make him different from out ger friends.... =p

in short, i guess u can say that i want a SNAG...its just a matter of the extent...
egeus said…
heh heh, i shall refrain from commenting till i get more response from the ladies. lol
juneberry said…
I just want somebody who dun feel like he needs to prove himself by trying too hard (to act macho).

Antithesis of SNAGs are guys who are still holding on to some antiquated notions that showing love, care and concern (or in general doing things that are stereotypically associated with women e.g cleaning up the house) is being "soft" --> hence not manly.

the irony is.. when a guy is doing that.. he appears less a man.. 'cos his thinking is, in my opinion, immatured.

I feel that a SNAG is a guy who is confident enough abt his manliness that he does not feel the need to prove himself to anybody (by abstaining from activities that are stereotyped to be "soft".)

Hence, in my vocab... a SNAG is real man.
juneberry said…
and that is what attracts women to SNAGs
juneberry said…
to clarify .. my definition of SNAG is somebody man enough to show his "sensitive side".

the starting point is that he is a man --> confident --> comfortable with showing his sensitive side.

my definition does not include guys who are by nature effeminate... this is the thin line btw "being sensitive to his feelings" and "being over sensitive".

to make it more clear .. my definition of a SNAG is a man who shows the former characteristic BUT NOT the latter.

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

I Will Be Back With More Time.

It is more than two years since I last blogged! Not that nothing interesting happened. In fact, plenty happened! Shifted house, shifted office, boys grew, had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (ouch!)! Just to name a few. There were gains and losses. Life's ups and downs. Of me, and those around me. I haven't been doing much deep thinking and thus less writing. Not enough time? That is probably an excuse. But it is true that I have not slept well for quite awhile. It is hard to explain the stress from work, where nothing goes smooth, and every step forward is a hurdle. Technology also had made it simple and addictive for us to mindlessly share. Share our thoughts in bits and pieces. Forming persona of ourselves to acquaintances and friends I hardly meet anymore. I remember experimenting with Tumbler, finding ways to post once, publish everywhere. It didn't quite work out. Even when technology made it is so easy, I have not been diligently editing and uploading photos of my darlin

The Last 24 Hours, Twenty-Thirteen.

If you were wondering... Yes I did it for the fifth time on the eve of New Year. Just two of us, made the journey from Marina Bay Financial Centre to Kampung Glam, via the newest Downtown line. You can see my photos here . Still looking for people to join us end of this year. :)