Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Yogi!

The familiar of cabaury chocolate struck my nose when I stepped out of the train cabin. I was back at Boon Lay and the chocolate factory was opened today. Not too long ago, I was doing this every Sunday night. The bus ride was like a stroll through memory lane (I know it sounds so cliche right?). I saw my old rooms, people wearing berms n slippers walking around campus (probably just got back from dinner), hardworking students waiting for their bus home only after the moon was high up in the sky. And when I reached my destination, the smell of hall, or was it the smell of hall life? Probably it was a mix of both. I was back in NTU tonight to celebrate the birthday of a very good good friend who I have not seen in months. In the presence of the familiar yellow cupboards, wooden desks, ceiling fans and lights, we sang the birthday song and cut the cake. It was an advanced celebration for the birthday girl, I think it was her first this year! The actual day is next Wednesday. Maybe she'll get the taste of Nanyang Lake? heh heh.
yeokie bday 1
Ok larh, just kidding. Hope you enjoyed the two short hours as much as I did. Of cuz, great friendship need not be built on great length of time, but on a common belief and understanding for each other. Happy 21st Birthday Yeok Hui!
yeokie bday 2
P.S. I think the Mount K. photos were very beautiful! I can imagine it was such a great experience for you. Hope that one day I'll have the chance to experience the greatness of nature as well.

P.P.S. Simplicity is good, if it suits you. =P

Comments

Sunshine said…
wah! nice to see u celebrating Yeokhui's birthday! didn't know u know her so well....hehe...=p
egeus said…
yah, most people don't even know that I know her. =P
Sunshine said…
u know her even before senior camp?
egeus said…
nah. i didn't go for the foc that year, if you get what i mean...

well, doesnt mean long right? heh heh.

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

I Will Be Back With More Time.

It is more than two years since I last blogged! Not that nothing interesting happened. In fact, plenty happened! Shifted house, shifted office, boys grew, had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (ouch!)! Just to name a few. There were gains and losses. Life's ups and downs. Of me, and those around me. I haven't been doing much deep thinking and thus less writing. Not enough time? That is probably an excuse. But it is true that I have not slept well for quite awhile. It is hard to explain the stress from work, where nothing goes smooth, and every step forward is a hurdle. Technology also had made it simple and addictive for us to mindlessly share. Share our thoughts in bits and pieces. Forming persona of ourselves to acquaintances and friends I hardly meet anymore. I remember experimenting with Tumbler, finding ways to post once, publish everywhere. It didn't quite work out. Even when technology made it is so easy, I have not been diligently editing and uploading photos of my darlin

The Last 24 Hours, Twenty-Thirteen.

If you were wondering... Yes I did it for the fifth time on the eve of New Year. Just two of us, made the journey from Marina Bay Financial Centre to Kampung Glam, via the newest Downtown line. You can see my photos here . Still looking for people to join us end of this year. :)