Skip to main content

Then and Now.

Today, I truly felt the blues of the Monday morning. Not that I dreaded going to work or couldn't wake up. In fact I was wide awake at 5++, tossing around on bed. Perhaps my mind is programmed to sleep for 6 hours daily, so since I slept before 12 last night, I woke up earlier. The morning started out with strong winds. Fallen leaves swept across the road. The sky was grey. A hurricane, or something of that scale, was coming.

The morning adrenaline left me quickly after I reached the office. I continued to doze off for the rest of the time. It felt as if I stayed awake for the night. My brain couldn't really think either. Nothing seemed to be working. The frustration of time running out and making no progress... It was only at 4++ when I felt really awake after a cup of coffee. The caffeine worked like magic.

Fitter, happier, more productive,
comfortable,
not drinking too much,
regular exercise at the gym
(3 days a week),
getting on better with your associate employee contemporaries ,
at ease,
eating well
(no more microwave dinners and saturated fats),
a patient better driver,
a safer car
(baby smiling in back seat),
sleeping well
(no bad dreams),
no paranoia,
careful to all animals
(never washing spiders down the plughole),
keep in contact with old friends
(enjoy a drink now and then),
will frequently check credit at
(moral) bank (hole in the wall),
favors for favors,
fond but not in love,
charity standing orders,
on Sundays ring road supermarket
(no killing moths or putting boiling water on the ants),
car wash
(also on Sundays),
no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
nothing so ridiculously teenage and desperate,
nothing so childish - at a better pace,
slower and more calculated,
no chance of escape,
now self-employed,
concerned (but powerless),
an empowered and informed member of society
(pragmatism not idealism),
will not cry in public,
less chance of illness,
tires that grip in the wet
(shot of baby strapped in back seat),
a good memory,
still cries at a good film,
still kisses with saliva,
no longer empty and frantic
like a cat
tied to a stick,
that's driven into
frozen winter shit
(the ability to laugh at weakness),
calm,
fitter,
healthier and more productive
a pig
in a cage
on antibiotics.

(Radiohead - Fitter,Happier)

I do miss school. I always enjoyed school. I am not lying. Tho' the problems I faced in my FYP stressed me up, I dreaded school the least bit. I enjoyed waking up at 7.45am for the 8.30am morning lessons. I enjoyed breakfast with my good friends at 9.30am everyday. I looked forward to the lectures, the tutorials, the labs. I enjoyed mugging in the library till late nights. I enjoyed my eca. Every single activity I joined, there was something to learn, something to appreciate, something to contribute. The friends I made, I would never have, without joining those activities. I enjoyed hall life - that is, the non hall activities part. I enjoyed the late night suppers to LAI LAI Coffeeshop or Boon Lay Market. Not to mention the fantastic BakChorMee and Nasi Lemak. I enjoyed talking rot and playing cards with my roomie and toiletmates (every single one of them). I enjoyed watching the Romance of Three Kingdoms with them on Thurs and Fri nights. I enjoyed playing bball in the dark with them too. Tho' I always looked forward to graduation, the money that comes with working life, it is true that, ntu days were some of the best times of my life, till now. It seems cliche to say this, but, please enjoy it while you can.

Comments

egeus said…
my feelings are strong 'nuff for me to blog about it only. Many times i had the impulse to write to ST forum. But then again... these are just passing thoughts.

Blogging is passive way of telling others how i feel too, and I'm satisfied with that. =P

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

I Will Be Back With More Time.

It is more than two years since I last blogged! Not that nothing interesting happened. In fact, plenty happened! Shifted house, shifted office, boys grew, had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (ouch!)! Just to name a few. There were gains and losses. Life's ups and downs. Of me, and those around me. I haven't been doing much deep thinking and thus less writing. Not enough time? That is probably an excuse. But it is true that I have not slept well for quite awhile. It is hard to explain the stress from work, where nothing goes smooth, and every step forward is a hurdle. Technology also had made it simple and addictive for us to mindlessly share. Share our thoughts in bits and pieces. Forming persona of ourselves to acquaintances and friends I hardly meet anymore. I remember experimenting with Tumbler, finding ways to post once, publish everywhere. It didn't quite work out. Even when technology made it is so easy, I have not been diligently editing and uploading photos of my darlin

The Last 24 Hours, Twenty-Thirteen.

If you were wondering... Yes I did it for the fifth time on the eve of New Year. Just two of us, made the journey from Marina Bay Financial Centre to Kampung Glam, via the newest Downtown line. You can see my photos here . Still looking for people to join us end of this year. :)