Skip to main content

Nobody Likes To Hear It.

While most people have been busy with lotsa things to do, I have been at home the past few days. My major activities were downloading and watching. Yes, I am fast becoming a couch potato (of cuz without the chips and what not =p) I am not sure why I don't have much to do.

My daily routine has taken a big turn since last week. In fact, the events last week had sort of changed my life, or rather the way I will live my life. Mornings, I have been going to the nearby park for walk with mummy and daddy. I think its something I won't get to do much in the next few years - taking a walk in the park on a Monday morning at 8am. I will probably be in a bus full of people in two weeks' time. Today I started my first run since a long time. And as expected, I almost puke after the run. But it felt good to push myself abit. There is a fair amount of slopes, abit like running in NTU. Morning exercise is followed by breakfast and trip to the market. Afternoons, its watching those animes (naruto, gsd, bleach, trinity blood), desperate housewives, reading manga (perfect life for a slacker, but I do deserve a few days of it right?). I am thinking of starting some preparation for work soon, maybe do some reading. Evenings I spend more time on the PC, watching animes (yes, again, I have lots). I strongly encourage you guys to come borrow animes (or DH/SATC) from me, they are full series, nicely catalogued. =P


Food has been the agenda for me in the past few days. I am started on a low salt and cholesterol diet. Since discovering my high BP, I am quite wary of what I eat. Cuz I think it'll make a whole lot difference. I have been constantly reminding my family at every meal, to eat less saltish food. I think its starting to get on their nerves (tho' mum has been very understanding). But I thought I should say it to drive it in their mind. Subconciously everyone will start to eat healthy. Its not like I want to preach but I guess one will not truely understand the need to eat healthy till he starts to suffer from some disease. I take myself as an example, I used to live to eat. Nasi lemak, chicken rice. If its nice, I would it. Until I discovered my high BP, I realised something gotta change. I'm only 25. I can continue to eat whatever I want, but am I ready to bear the consequences when I am 40? Hypertension is the root of other major diseases, heart attacks, diabates, kidney diseases, just to name a few. And food is the one thing that makes the difference to your level of BP.

I know its difficult to make changes suddenly, especially for those who are perfectly healthy and thinks that its meaningless to eat food "without taste". Well its not true that food is "without taste". Our taste buds will get used to it in a few days. I think there are probably healthy alternatives which I have yet to discover. But come to think of it, for the lil' less taste, you'll get a happier life, spend less money on medication, why not?

Seriously, I hope the one person who will understand it is my sister. She's still young. I wouldn't want to see the day when her BP is high too (hey thats the next stage already!). Needta put on brakes on that BP before its too late. Sorry I sound naggy, but I love you guys, mum, dad and sis.

And you my friends, hope you'll think its time for a change too. Its up to you, afterall, its your life.

Comments

Sunshine said…
yepyep...thanks for the advice...my mum keep reminding us too...eating at home is prob the only chance where u can better control ur salt intake....food outside are usually quite salty...

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

I Will Be Back With More Time.

It is more than two years since I last blogged! Not that nothing interesting happened. In fact, plenty happened! Shifted house, shifted office, boys grew, had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (ouch!)! Just to name a few. There were gains and losses. Life's ups and downs. Of me, and those around me. I haven't been doing much deep thinking and thus less writing. Not enough time? That is probably an excuse. But it is true that I have not slept well for quite awhile. It is hard to explain the stress from work, where nothing goes smooth, and every step forward is a hurdle. Technology also had made it simple and addictive for us to mindlessly share. Share our thoughts in bits and pieces. Forming persona of ourselves to acquaintances and friends I hardly meet anymore. I remember experimenting with Tumbler, finding ways to post once, publish everywhere. It didn't quite work out. Even when technology made it is so easy, I have not been diligently editing and uploading photos of my darlin

The Last 24 Hours, Twenty-Thirteen.

If you were wondering... Yes I did it for the fifth time on the eve of New Year. Just two of us, made the journey from Marina Bay Financial Centre to Kampung Glam, via the newest Downtown line. You can see my photos here . Still looking for people to join us end of this year. :)