Skip to main content

The Last 24 Hours, Twenty-Eleven.

In between taking care of my dear son, I sneaked out a few hours of the last 24 hours in 2011. It was the third year for me. Here is 2008 and 2010.


With a creaky left knee, I wondered aimlessly from Promenade MRT to Somerset MRT, with a 550D and my Dad's old Olympus mju film compact camera. While I snapped 139 shots on the 550D, I cautiously took only two shots on film. So it will be a while before I can see how the film turn out. :p


Nevertheless, here are the thirty crappy shots with no theme or whatsoever...


Which quadrant do you belong to?
 
Stop and adjust yourself.
 
He fumbles with the map. She wonders where to go. Or is she? 
Another of the 鸟 problem in 2011. Pigeons. Call AVA. Crows. Call NEA. Mynah? Easy, M for McDonalds.
 
Setting up the metal barricades for the New Year countdown road closures. 
What are the enchanting moments in 2011? 
Giant Mentos on the river or another bureaucratic publicity? 
Rising to the future.
 
A reminder of our past, on my way down to the subterranean new world. 
Spick and span. Squeaky clean. The task of keeping Singapore clean does not end, even when the year is ending.
 
An old wood in the City, which caught my eye. 
Christmas wasn't that long ago.
 
Loneliness. 
Behind these windows, boys in green shorts used to roam the corridors. Catholic High School at Queen's Street.
Just to be very very sure... we need the extra guiding poles. 
SMU School of Information Systems. In 2011, we had a new colleague from there. 
Energising the greenery.
 
Just chilling. Third time I visited the National Museum of Singapore within one week. 
Old pillar. Young Soul. Latest fab of 2011 - Angry Birds. 
"Feed and I'M expansion tank".
 
Bombs, Banks, the McDonald House has seen it all. Will it bask in glory forever or make way for some intergalactic highway soon?
 
Ponding in Orchard? The good old Stanford canal has more to offer than solving our bi-century water problem.
 
They ran out of spoons.
 
Taking a break.
 
He loves his books. Just look at the book spine. 
What are they looking at?
 
Elephants left their mark in 2011.
 
It doesn't matter who they are. It's SALE! Now!
So What Do You Want in 2012?
 
Till we walk again.
 
Happy 2012!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

I Will Be Back With More Time.

It is more than two years since I last blogged! Not that nothing interesting happened. In fact, plenty happened! Shifted house, shifted office, boys grew, had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (ouch!)! Just to name a few. There were gains and losses. Life's ups and downs. Of me, and those around me. I haven't been doing much deep thinking and thus less writing. Not enough time? That is probably an excuse. But it is true that I have not slept well for quite awhile. It is hard to explain the stress from work, where nothing goes smooth, and every step forward is a hurdle. Technology also had made it simple and addictive for us to mindlessly share. Share our thoughts in bits and pieces. Forming persona of ourselves to acquaintances and friends I hardly meet anymore. I remember experimenting with Tumbler, finding ways to post once, publish everywhere. It didn't quite work out. Even when technology made it is so easy, I have not been diligently editing and uploading photos of my darlin

The Last 24 Hours, Twenty-Thirteen.

If you were wondering... Yes I did it for the fifth time on the eve of New Year. Just two of us, made the journey from Marina Bay Financial Centre to Kampung Glam, via the newest Downtown line. You can see my photos here . Still looking for people to join us end of this year. :)