Skip to main content

Another Olivia Entry.

I wasn't exactly feeling good. Things didn't go exactly as I had pictured. I wonder if it has to to do with the gap between expectations and reality. Once again, we both had a lil' misunderstanding, trying to interpret what each other was thinking. Well the consolation was we had the same interpretation which was incorrect. Afterall, there was still some level of connection...

Anyway, the evening smoothened up with some soothing music which I thoroughly enjoyed. You can read about Olivia Ong's live performance on 14 Mar, at the concourse of the Esplanade for Mosaic 2008 here from ZQ, here from Jax, and here from Stoney. Yeah, we met up after work for the short gig!

I heard Olivia's tracks many times and it had been really popular. I once went to three different shops consecutively at Central Mall, all playing her songs! I guess it helped that Bossa Nova and other Jazzy genre are so soothing to our ears, and we are proud that she is a Singaporean who made it big. But I never really have a deep impression of her looks. So it was taken by surprise when she walked in beside me at start of the performance. "
That's Olivia Ong???" And as she sang away, my brain started doing some computation and memory work ("oh this is how Olivia Ong looks like, sweet looking girl with nice hairdo")... ar.. I have a thing for girls who tie up their hair and revealing their neck. ha ha.

Gorgeous photos of Olivia by nulbonklr from clubsnap... got the link for ZQ's entry.
Heh heh.


More importantly, she actually sang better live than in her album. While her singing is good, I don't find her style outstanding. Her voice is sweet like honey, but a lil' weak compared to other singers of this genre (oh-oh, I suspect her fans will be cursing at me!). And I was constantly distracted by her drummer. He's good!


Olivia crooned for 45 minutes and ended with one encore "Fly Me To The Moon". I was a lil' disappointed with that. How I wish she did "Sometimes When We Touch". I think her rendition of that song is really good and that song meant quite alot to me. I managed to record the complete live session using the new audio recording software I loaded on my PPC. Although it sounded abit hollow, the 705kbps recording was quite audible, and the software recorded directly as .wav onto my mini-SD. A tremendous improvement compared to the MS Note which I had trouble converting the OLE2 object to other format,limited of voice recording length, and recording directly to my limited-space RAM. Unfortunately, I will not be able to share the 235MB recording with you online. ;op Tho' she's really sweet looking, I don't wanna get into trouble with the law leh...

After her performance, she was crowded by many guys for photos and signature. I overheard this lady saying with disgust, "
Its all guys surrounding her cuz she is pretty". I stopped short of reminding her that it is also the same situation applies to girls when boybands come to town. Normal lah... And I am glad to say, we are both normal people! Something which both of us agreed. ;op

Rewinding time, before the performance, I had my first giant-sushi (term I borrowed from KC-XTT) at Ichiban Boshi. It was a bowl of rice with lotsa salmon sashimi stacked on it. At just a dollar more than the Teriyaki Chicken Don, it was really worthed it!

Rewinding time even further, just before dinner, I saw this interesting sight in the sky of City Hall area.

Behind the silver-lining of the clouds, there were some colourful aura.


Tropical "Northern Lights"???


It wasn't the typical rainbow you see in the sky. Probably reflection or diffraction and some Physics phenomenon can explain it. I like the way the colours "diffused" in the sky. I think if we spend more time daydreaming and looking up into the sky, there are plenty of wonderful things in life we can discover... -smiles-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

I Will Be Back With More Time.

It is more than two years since I last blogged! Not that nothing interesting happened. In fact, plenty happened! Shifted house, shifted office, boys grew, had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (ouch!)! Just to name a few. There were gains and losses. Life's ups and downs. Of me, and those around me. I haven't been doing much deep thinking and thus less writing. Not enough time? That is probably an excuse. But it is true that I have not slept well for quite awhile. It is hard to explain the stress from work, where nothing goes smooth, and every step forward is a hurdle. Technology also had made it simple and addictive for us to mindlessly share. Share our thoughts in bits and pieces. Forming persona of ourselves to acquaintances and friends I hardly meet anymore. I remember experimenting with Tumbler, finding ways to post once, publish everywhere. It didn't quite work out. Even when technology made it is so easy, I have not been diligently editing and uploading photos of my darlin

The Last 24 Hours, Twenty-Thirteen.

If you were wondering... Yes I did it for the fifth time on the eve of New Year. Just two of us, made the journey from Marina Bay Financial Centre to Kampung Glam, via the newest Downtown line. You can see my photos here . Still looking for people to join us end of this year. :)