Skip to main content

Greatness of My Organ.

Today I discovered the greatness of my organ. It is not too big, but it is certainly amazing. I think my female colleagues are afraid of its power. My good friend, a male colleague, also showed me his concern. ha ha.

The amazing organ is none another than my nose.

I started sneezing since I arrived in the office this morning. The loud and powerful sneezing went on and stopped during lunch time. It resumed after lunch and stopped again during tea break. Then it stopped when I left the office. I had sporadic fits of sneezing at Orchard later. In particular, inside Kinokunya, inside Isetan, and along a stretch of Wisma Atria. Then I made an observation - I started sneezing whenever the temperature dropped below a certain threshold level which I can no longer control. I felt like sneezing when I was in an air-con environment. However, I had to sneeze and when it was really cold.

Can you see how amazing it is? My nose, is the amazing Human Thermometer! Besides being able to whistle when I laugh, it is able to detect temperature change accurately. One of the bad thing is that the powerful and loud sneezing can be quite annoying. My colleague said that she was afraid I might pass the germs to her. But I assured her that I did not have flu, and it was just my over-sensitive nose. I think I will make some modification to the design, so that I can turn off the "Alarm system". Instead of sneezing loudly, I will activate the "Annoucement system" by sprouting, "The temperature is too low, the temperature is too low!" whenever the temperature drops beyond a certain level. Steady right?

Perhaps I will even apply for patent for my amazing nose. Then again, I may not want to wait so long or go through the tedious process of applying for a patent. Besides, I don't think I have the financial capability to file all the papers required. It'll be good if IPOS can recognise the ability of my amazing organ. At least it shows that there are lotsa unique talent in Singapore, no need to ask for more foreign talent to migrate to Singapore mah. Is your organ as great as mine, lets form a professional society for our amazing abilities leh. Three cheers for my amazing nose!

Comments

▐≤¡Γ≡ said…
Take care dude...

I do have sensitive nose too but mine are not as capable, as yours are able to detect changes in temperature. :P

Though aggressive sneezing is not the symptom of sinusitis, you might want to check out the other symptoms of it.

http://www.entnet.org/healthinfo/sinus/sinusitis.cfm
egeus said…
Woah. thanks for the info dude. hehe. Yah, I'll take care. =)

The whistling is very embarassing lor. sigh

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

I Will Be Back With More Time.

It is more than two years since I last blogged! Not that nothing interesting happened. In fact, plenty happened! Shifted house, shifted office, boys grew, had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (ouch!)! Just to name a few. There were gains and losses. Life's ups and downs. Of me, and those around me. I haven't been doing much deep thinking and thus less writing. Not enough time? That is probably an excuse. But it is true that I have not slept well for quite awhile. It is hard to explain the stress from work, where nothing goes smooth, and every step forward is a hurdle. Technology also had made it simple and addictive for us to mindlessly share. Share our thoughts in bits and pieces. Forming persona of ourselves to acquaintances and friends I hardly meet anymore. I remember experimenting with Tumbler, finding ways to post once, publish everywhere. It didn't quite work out. Even when technology made it is so easy, I have not been diligently editing and uploading photos of my darlin

The Last 24 Hours, Twenty-Thirteen.

If you were wondering... Yes I did it for the fifth time on the eve of New Year. Just two of us, made the journey from Marina Bay Financial Centre to Kampung Glam, via the newest Downtown line. You can see my photos here . Still looking for people to join us end of this year. :)