Skip to main content

Superstar.

I had a short getaway on the Star Cruise Superstar Libra last Friday. It was my first time on a cruise.

It was more of a get-together with my wife and her extended family. We left Harbourfront at about nine in the evening, shortly after the Superstar Virgo left for the international sea.

The cruise was more or less within my expectations - very few things to do which will interest me. Other than the endless eating, at least it was fun to spend time with the kids and all the nice relatives. Tho' at times I find it a little tough to enjoy myself as I was bothered by some issues on Friday. Why not just let it go and forget about it? I guess it was easier said than done. Perhaps some things just can't sleep over them. It fact it has came back to haunt me this moment, and I really want to take some corrective actions...

Nevertheless, the thing I like most about the cruise is watching sunrise on the Straits of Malacca with my wife.

Some photos from the short trip... at Harbourfront before setting off,

The pool on the top deck,

We woke up at 6.30am to see the sunrise. The sky was illuminated by the moon and stars.


Then, we saw the first light.

And the sun slowly appeared...





We stayed in the windowless stateroom. It was rather cramp and reminded us of the hotel room at Copenhagen during the TOML. On board, we spent our time eating and watching performances. We weren't really interested in gambling...

Our cruiser stopped over at Port Klang on Saturday noon. As you can see, it was a really quiet port. There wasn't much action.

Rows of idling cranes seen from the top deck,

Our ship was docked beside the "Legend of the Sea" from the Royal Caribbean. How we wished we were on that ship instead. Heh heh.

We took a walk around the port...

We weren't interested in going to KL, and there wasn't anything interesting besides these washing machines... mmmmm...


... and of course the bubblegum which we are deprived of. :p

Our cruiser sailed back to Singapore that night and we were back home in time for reunion dinner on Sunday afternoon. Two days, two night. Just nice. Perhaps in the near future, we will go to some other cruise in other parts of the world to see the ocean, whales, or even icebergs? :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

I Will Be Back With More Time.

It is more than two years since I last blogged! Not that nothing interesting happened. In fact, plenty happened! Shifted house, shifted office, boys grew, had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (ouch!)! Just to name a few. There were gains and losses. Life's ups and downs. Of me, and those around me. I haven't been doing much deep thinking and thus less writing. Not enough time? That is probably an excuse. But it is true that I have not slept well for quite awhile. It is hard to explain the stress from work, where nothing goes smooth, and every step forward is a hurdle. Technology also had made it simple and addictive for us to mindlessly share. Share our thoughts in bits and pieces. Forming persona of ourselves to acquaintances and friends I hardly meet anymore. I remember experimenting with Tumbler, finding ways to post once, publish everywhere. It didn't quite work out. Even when technology made it is so easy, I have not been diligently editing and uploading photos of my darlin

The Last 24 Hours, Twenty-Thirteen.

If you were wondering... Yes I did it for the fifth time on the eve of New Year. Just two of us, made the journey from Marina Bay Financial Centre to Kampung Glam, via the newest Downtown line. You can see my photos here . Still looking for people to join us end of this year. :)