Skip to main content

Rejection, Doing It Right.

I found the following entry while I was blog-surfing. Apology to the original author if you find this entry offensive. My comments isn't to criticise your reaction but to offer an opinion from a guy's perspective. Your reaction is totally understandable...

"i cannot zzz cos i m damn irritated now ...

is there anything so urgent tat you need to send me 5 smses within 10 min??? n keep calling every hr?? if i miss a call i will return when i see it .. but if u repeatedly call so many times n i dun even bother to return a single call .. pls be clever enuff to noe tat i probably dun wish to speak to u .. pls STOP calling me and checking my whereabout ... cos who r u to interfere ... i dun even report to my parent .. let alone u being a very normal frenz .. n stop pestering me to go out wif u ... I WILL NEVER EVER AGREE EVEN WHEN I M FREE ..

maybe u din noe tat u r really PISSING ME OFF... dun force me up the wall one day n say those harsh words to u .."

From the looks of it, the story goes that a guy liked this girl, and she did not like him. He seemed to be a nightmare, smothering her with 5 smses within 10 mins and calling every hour. I am sure many girls have experienced this before.

I ain't sure if he was an irritating snob, or sloppy geek, or someone who totally irritated her everyday and turned her off. If it was just the case of no chemistry between them, and she was 'ok' with his looks, she could had given him a chance. How often does "Love at First Sight" happens? In fact, to build serious relationship and to understand one's character well, it requires time and effort.

If she was not 'ok' with his looks or absolutely hated him, she could have at least spared some thoughts him, to let him down gently. There is really no fault in liking someone and caring for someone. He was probably worried about her when she did not reply or pick up his calls. SMSes are meant to be short. So maybe he had sent a few short messages on impulse, and had more to say to her.

Besides, I think that friends can hang out too, alone or in group. In fact, going out with someone for dinner, movie, shopping, doesn't mean she is supposed to be interested in him. Hey, this is the 21st century dudette!

I think the more hostile she is towards him, the harder he will try. Someone will get hurt. 被爱是幸福的,单恋是痛苦的。 Rejections, like breakups, are never easy. It will be good if she can appreciate his feelings and give him a proper closure every tho' they had never started. Afterall, his infatuation must had started long time ago. Be his friend, let him move on. It is always better to have one more good friend, than another enemy.

Girls are difficult to understand, and girls don't really understand guys most of the time.

Comments

egeus said…
Just speaking up for the male. There's always another side which people may not see mah. =p

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

I Will Be Back With More Time.

It is more than two years since I last blogged! Not that nothing interesting happened. In fact, plenty happened! Shifted house, shifted office, boys grew, had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (ouch!)! Just to name a few. There were gains and losses. Life's ups and downs. Of me, and those around me. I haven't been doing much deep thinking and thus less writing. Not enough time? That is probably an excuse. But it is true that I have not slept well for quite awhile. It is hard to explain the stress from work, where nothing goes smooth, and every step forward is a hurdle. Technology also had made it simple and addictive for us to mindlessly share. Share our thoughts in bits and pieces. Forming persona of ourselves to acquaintances and friends I hardly meet anymore. I remember experimenting with Tumbler, finding ways to post once, publish everywhere. It didn't quite work out. Even when technology made it is so easy, I have not been diligently editing and uploading photos of my darlin

The Last 24 Hours, Twenty-Thirteen.

If you were wondering... Yes I did it for the fifth time on the eve of New Year. Just two of us, made the journey from Marina Bay Financial Centre to Kampung Glam, via the newest Downtown line. You can see my photos here . Still looking for people to join us end of this year. :)