Skip to main content

Resolutions 2010.

Oops! It's already 2010 and I have yet penned down my resolutions! No more basking in "achievements" like last year... Let me get right on to the serious things. First up, the critical review of Resolution 2009:

1. Doing better at work. - It had been far from smooth sailing. After more than two years working on tree variations of the same project, I am hoping for a change soon. But all is not that bad. I went for a developer's conference in Palm Spring, and somehow managed to balance the wedding preparations and the two horrible deployments. Had I done better in my job? I guess it is hard to tell as the bar is raised every year. Considering the economic turmoil of 2009, I oughta be grateful that I'm still holding a job.

2. Passing my Driving Test. - I did it! I did it! I achieved it on the first try, within my target of April. Unfortunately I have yet taken to the road since then. Anyone willing to lend his/her for a joyride? ;-p

3. Taking our friendship to the next level. - On the surface it looked like a setback. Inside, it felt like a setback. But perhaps it is another kind of progress. Change is inevitable. I am slow to adapt. But nothing and nobody can take the wonderful memories away. Nature will takes it's course and all will come back in full swing. Or will it?

4. Be a real good son. - Since moving out, I learned to be more appreciative of my parents. In 2010, I will try to give more to them in different ways.

5. Be a real good hubby. - With my new found responsibilities, there are plenty of ways I can proof myself as a real good hubby. Recently, I learned a valuable lesson about being a good spouse from a JP during my friend's solemnization. In his advice to the new married couple, he said that one should not expect the other to change in a marriage. The spouse's bad habits, which were once perceived as "adorable", will become increasingly irritating after marriage. Married couples should say the three magic words more often, even before an argument. Words said on impulse can be really hurtful at times. His advices, I will heed. So was I a real good hubby? May I have your verdict, dear wife?

6. Learning a new instrument. - Looks like it will be taking the back seat for another year. Maybe I should get it off my resolution in 2010? Hah hah...

7. Making serious effort in body maintenance. - Without my gym kaki, I was less motivated to exercise. But that is never an excuse, my health is my own responsibility. I will need to put in more time and effort in 2010. When it comes to diet, my dear wife is taking good care of me by preparing bento lunch for me.

8. Continue my Spanish lessons. - Plea to Bbof, when shall we continue our lessons?

9. The 'Say-Yes' attitude. - I can't remember radically saying 'YES' to doing anything. Neither was I really stubborn in any way. So consider that, DONE!

Five, outta nine... That's a pass!

And now my resolutions for this year, not in any order...

1. To be a good family man. - That is, a good son and hubby. A good father? Er... still havta wait lah. Ahahahaha...

2. To stick to 'Budget 2010'. - I am blessed with a wife who is really good at planning financially. I hope we will be able to stick to our budget, in which we have a good balance of savings and fun! Fun? I am thinking of... French Open! Anybody interested?

3. To stay healthy. - No amount of wealth can compensate good health, not that I have accumulated any. So hopefully, I will be able to stick to my bento-lunch diet, and 2x weekly exercise. Yum yum, I really love having the bento-lunch so much!

4. To earn the respect from everyone around me. - To some I may be a joker/clown, to others, I may be a boring person. May it be my peers, my superiors, my family, my friends, I would like to earn their respect in 2010. I will strive to be more committed in every role I play.

5. To achieve a positive breakthrough at work. - At thirty, I shouldn't be satisfied and resting on my laurels yet. The light at the end of the tunnel is near. No matter if it is continuing in this track or taking another route, I will need to make my move for the better this year.

6. To create more happy memories for my special friend. - Back to basics. I can't be sure where our paths may lead, but I need confidence in you. Hopefully, seeing less, means growing closer. May we only create happy memories in 2010. So, Spanish lessons again?

From nine down to six this year. I think that is fairly realistic and achievable. Elsewhere, a friend has also made his resolution, in a rather peculiar but interesting way...

Finally, a real peaceful year to one and all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

I Will Be Back With More Time.

It is more than two years since I last blogged! Not that nothing interesting happened. In fact, plenty happened! Shifted house, shifted office, boys grew, had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (ouch!)! Just to name a few. There were gains and losses. Life's ups and downs. Of me, and those around me. I haven't been doing much deep thinking and thus less writing. Not enough time? That is probably an excuse. But it is true that I have not slept well for quite awhile. It is hard to explain the stress from work, where nothing goes smooth, and every step forward is a hurdle. Technology also had made it simple and addictive for us to mindlessly share. Share our thoughts in bits and pieces. Forming persona of ourselves to acquaintances and friends I hardly meet anymore. I remember experimenting with Tumbler, finding ways to post once, publish everywhere. It didn't quite work out. Even when technology made it is so easy, I have not been diligently editing and uploading photos of my darlin

The Last 24 Hours, Twenty-Thirteen.

If you were wondering... Yes I did it for the fifth time on the eve of New Year. Just two of us, made the journey from Marina Bay Financial Centre to Kampung Glam, via the newest Downtown line. You can see my photos here . Still looking for people to join us end of this year. :)