Skip to main content

Meatless Christmas Eve.

Christmas Greetings.
Glow.
I had an extra special Christmas Eve dinner this year with my dear wife and two very good friends. We had dined in a vegetarian restaurant at East Coast Road. Naïve serves meatless food like no others.
It didn't quite taste like normal vegetarian. Perhaps the secret was in the ingredient, Monkeyhead Mushroom.
The ambiance of the restaurant was really simple and pleasant, filled with interesting decals/wall prints. It was like dining in my own house. ;-)
At the start of the dinner, we had to do a ritual known as the Blessing of Sesame Seeds.
It was a way of giving thanks for our food. We took turns to grind the seseme seeds and later spread them on out food.
Someone hard at work... grinding away!
So what are the yummy dishes we had? First of all, the starter, True Tradition ($9.90). Braised mushroom in 5-spice sauce served with steamed buns aka Kong Bak Bao, but it tasted better and healthier!
For rice, we had the signature Oliver Twist ($3.90)! Its fragrant Thai rice mixed with olives and oriental spices. We also shared another bowl of steamed rice.
The side dishes, Cheeky Monkey ($12.90), monkeyhead mushroom in fragrant oats...
...and Mango Tofu Cake ($11.90).
For the main course, we had the Monkeyhead mushroom gently glazed with delicious caramelized sauce alongside fresh green ($19.90). Delicious!
Overall, the food was good and the service was prompt! The monkeyhead mushroom has this tender texture like juicy meat. I would highly recommend the Cheeky Monkey! Tho' I think the overall price was abit steep. Nevertheless, it was a brand new meatless experience.

You can tell from the looks of the satisfied diners. =)
Enjoy the Festive Season Everyone!

Comments

Thank you for sharing your experience! I've turned vegetarian and will certainly consider dining at Naive.

Happy New Year!
egeus said…
The pleasure is mine!

When will you be coming back then?

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

I Will Be Back With More Time.

It is more than two years since I last blogged! Not that nothing interesting happened. In fact, plenty happened! Shifted house, shifted office, boys grew, had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (ouch!)! Just to name a few. There were gains and losses. Life's ups and downs. Of me, and those around me. I haven't been doing much deep thinking and thus less writing. Not enough time? That is probably an excuse. But it is true that I have not slept well for quite awhile. It is hard to explain the stress from work, where nothing goes smooth, and every step forward is a hurdle. Technology also had made it simple and addictive for us to mindlessly share. Share our thoughts in bits and pieces. Forming persona of ourselves to acquaintances and friends I hardly meet anymore. I remember experimenting with Tumbler, finding ways to post once, publish everywhere. It didn't quite work out. Even when technology made it is so easy, I have not been diligently editing and uploading photos of my darlin

The Last 24 Hours, Twenty-Thirteen.

If you were wondering... Yes I did it for the fifth time on the eve of New Year. Just two of us, made the journey from Marina Bay Financial Centre to Kampung Glam, via the newest Downtown line. You can see my photos here . Still looking for people to join us end of this year. :)