Skip to main content

TNBT: Souvenirs Galore!

I am back! It had been one of the most wonderful trip. There are so much precious memories that I will keep forever. I did not have the time to update about trip regularly. Everyday was another new adventure, a new experience. There was little time to rest, not to mention settle down and think about the day. Now with some time on hand, I will try to recall and record as much as I can about the trip.

But before that, let me show you the prizes of this trip - the souvenirs!

We were on the quest to get these beautiful bookmarks. From the little stalls along the streets, to the Grand Bazaar, we toiled through them for the nicest ones. We were sorta addicted to buying bookmarks.

Next, are these Turkish pouches. At first I looked for the classic carpets designs that shimmered in the sun. In the end, I got tired of them and went for the modern designs which were more unique.

We also bought back plenty of postcards. I got mine from all over the place, Ephesus, Cappadocia and Istanbul.

I bought this set of Turkish Tea Cups and Turkish Black Tea from a supermarket in Selçuk. It'll be a nice addition for the "Tea Club" in office - an important item for the "Turkish Corner" which we'll set up. :p

This cute wooden puppet is from the shop at Sarialan, one of Uludağ's cable car station in Bursa.

A bag of rasins and a bottle of red wine from Turasan Winery in Ürgüp.

Kilim bags from Hisar in Ankara.

I was given this onyx egg, which was made by the master for demonstration, after answering a simple question - this is a Grade 2 onyx. I will use it as a paper weight. Onyx is a specialty from Cappadocia.

I bought this guide book of Ephesus at the end of the tour around the area. It is filled with beautiful illustrations, photographs of the place now, and overlays of the place during its glorious days.



This beautiful clay butterfly will be hung in my new house! Bought this at Güray Çömlekcilik in Avanos.

After almost every meal, the restaurant owners will offer us these nice lemon cologne to freshen up. So here's a bottle to bring this practice to Singapore.

Some people collect magnets, some collect HRC shot glasses, I collect snowstorms from cities I visit. One from Ephesus and the other from Dubai for my collection.

A new item which I will be collecting is the Starbucks Cities Mugs. My first one from Istanbul!

These beautiful Pashmira shawls are from the Koza Han in Bursa. It was where we first tasted Turkish tea and bought something.

Not forgetting the yummy Turkish Delights fit for the Sultans.

And finally, the early Christmas present I bought for myself has arrived! It's not from Turkey tho'. Anybody wanna make a guess? Will reveal it soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

I Will Be Back With More Time.

It is more than two years since I last blogged! Not that nothing interesting happened. In fact, plenty happened! Shifted house, shifted office, boys grew, had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (ouch!)! Just to name a few. There were gains and losses. Life's ups and downs. Of me, and those around me. I haven't been doing much deep thinking and thus less writing. Not enough time? That is probably an excuse. But it is true that I have not slept well for quite awhile. It is hard to explain the stress from work, where nothing goes smooth, and every step forward is a hurdle. Technology also had made it simple and addictive for us to mindlessly share. Share our thoughts in bits and pieces. Forming persona of ourselves to acquaintances and friends I hardly meet anymore. I remember experimenting with Tumbler, finding ways to post once, publish everywhere. It didn't quite work out. Even when technology made it is so easy, I have not been diligently editing and uploading photos of my darlin

The Last 24 Hours, Twenty-Thirteen.

If you were wondering... Yes I did it for the fifth time on the eve of New Year. Just two of us, made the journey from Marina Bay Financial Centre to Kampung Glam, via the newest Downtown line. You can see my photos here . Still looking for people to join us end of this year. :)