Skip to main content

One Minute Singapore (Commuter) Three.

New Year, new complains, ha ha, no larh, I mean new observations on our favourite public transport.

I walked into the zoo one day. There were two chimps hanging on the rings, while a maid was frantically chasing one around the cabin. Maybe not zoo, more like circus. Cuz I saw their mum standing there nonchalantly, and heard her whispered,"Monkey Show ar". I think she must had been dreaming of her children becoming the next Singapore gymnastics gold medalists! Amazing sight. Thankfully it wasn't rush hour. The auntie sitting beside me expressed her disapproval by going, "tsk tsk tsk".

Have you ever watched a game of American football? *BOOM!* Two bodies collided right in front of me in the train. It was truly a display of Singapore spirit of Kiasuism to the greatest height. Just that it wasn't exactly a game, but a competition for the only seat. And the participants were two (yes you guessed it) aunties. I was taken aback by the impact of their collision. As the door opened, both of them rushed in for the same seat. They were not afraid to put their body to the test. If only one of them had given up, it would not have been such an interesting sight for me. In every game, there is a winner and a loser. The loser, stood that, and stared at the winner with the most 臭 face I ever seen. You can say she was a sore loser. hah hah.

At least one of my encounter was entertaining to quite a few people in the train. The guy sitting beside me fell asleep and started to do the "head-drooping" thingy towards me. So to avoid him leaning against me, I sat up really straight. I thought he might wake up and realised that he was being a obnoxious. Amazingly, his head went lower and lower. This poor chap must had been dead tired. I was thinking "woah woah woah" and tried to laugh over it. Suddenly his handphone rang. He woke up, looked at his phone, cleared his throat and sat up straight. Sitting across, a few passengers were smiling mischievously at him. Yeah, they were his friends who had saved him from embarrassment by waking him up discreetly.

Wonder what interesting sights await me tommorow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

I Will Be Back With More Time.

It is more than two years since I last blogged! Not that nothing interesting happened. In fact, plenty happened! Shifted house, shifted office, boys grew, had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (ouch!)! Just to name a few. There were gains and losses. Life's ups and downs. Of me, and those around me. I haven't been doing much deep thinking and thus less writing. Not enough time? That is probably an excuse. But it is true that I have not slept well for quite awhile. It is hard to explain the stress from work, where nothing goes smooth, and every step forward is a hurdle. Technology also had made it simple and addictive for us to mindlessly share. Share our thoughts in bits and pieces. Forming persona of ourselves to acquaintances and friends I hardly meet anymore. I remember experimenting with Tumbler, finding ways to post once, publish everywhere. It didn't quite work out. Even when technology made it is so easy, I have not been diligently editing and uploading photos of my darlin

The Last 24 Hours, Twenty-Thirteen.

If you were wondering... Yes I did it for the fifth time on the eve of New Year. Just two of us, made the journey from Marina Bay Financial Centre to Kampung Glam, via the newest Downtown line. You can see my photos here . Still looking for people to join us end of this year. :)