Skip to main content

I Will Be Back With More Time.

It is more than two years since I last blogged! Not that nothing interesting happened. In fact, plenty happened! Shifted house, shifted office, boys grew, had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (ouch!)! Just to name a few. There were gains and losses. Life's ups and downs. Of me, and those around me.

I haven't been doing much deep thinking and thus less writing. Not enough time? That is probably an excuse. But it is true that I have not slept well for quite awhile. It is hard to explain the stress from work, where nothing goes smooth, and every step forward is a hurdle. Technology also had made it simple and addictive for us to mindlessly share. Share our thoughts in bits and pieces. Forming persona of ourselves to acquaintances and friends I hardly meet anymore. I remember experimenting with Tumbler, finding ways to post once, publish everywhere. It didn't quite work out.

Even when technology made it is so easy, I have not been diligently editing and uploading photos of my darlings. I imagine Nate questioning me next time why his brother has two photobooks, while he has none. I promise myself to do one for his three-year-old birthday.

I am brought back here by a recent comment on my entry about visit to Cappadocia, from someone who shared a similar memory of that place. Another comment asking me for travel advise around Cappadocia. I am enjoying my new workstation (and my can of cold beer) and may start to blog again.




Perhaps, the first step is to consolidate status messages from Facebook and post onto this blog.

Another project is to copy my anime collection from the old DVDs and CDRs into a single hard disk, and then cataloging them nicely with information from OMDB. On the latter is easy, I have figured out the code. It is the copying that is rather tedious.

I also have not finished the deco of my house. Bert has swimming lesson tomorrow morning, Nate is down with another bout of HFMD-like symptoms. I have not done up slides for next week's monthly update yet. The project milestone is in less than a month's time and the System Design Document is not ready. I want to play around with Caravel and Microsoft Cognitive Sciences APIs. What about the Udacity Deep Learning course which I progressed no further than the first hands-on? Oh, I need to file my tax too! Don't we all excel during crunch time?

Oh well, I will leave the writing to another day. It is enough for now. Back to my dramas. :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

Shopping for Perfume.

If you want to buy original but cheaper perfume in Singapore, you'd probably go to Lucky Plaza . You can bargain at the perfume shops in Lucky Plaza which is the exact reason why anyone would wanna shop at Lucky Plaza. I went there with a friend to shop for some perfume this afternoon. It was a shopping experience I never had before in Singapore. As a matter of fact, never before in my life or anywhere in the world. I usually visit the two shops near McDonald's . Today we decided check out another shop since we had walked from the "Lucky Plaza - Ngee Ann City underpass". We had in mind one of the brand we wanted. So after asking the price, we looked for the 2nd bottle of brand, but at a lower budget. We tested three, can't decide and asked for recommendation from the boss, an Indian lady (not being racist, its just the fact it happened to be an Indian shop). She showed me a black face (no pun intended! heh ) and said my budget was too low. She probably wasn'

The Dreaming.

Between the Pedestals of Night and Morning Between red death and radiant desire With not one sound of triumph or of warning Stands the great sentry on the Bridge of Fire. O transient soul, thy thought with dreams adorning, Cast down the laurel, and unstring the lyre: the wheels of Time are turning, turning, turning, The slow stream channels deep and doth not tire. Gods on their bridge above Whispering lies and love Shall mock your passage down the sunless river Which, rolling all it streams, shall take you, king of dreams, -Unthroned and unapproachable for ever- To were the kings who dreamed of old Whiten in habitations monumental cold. James Elroy Flecker, 1884-1915. I am impressed by how detailed dreams can be. We can read a book, watch TV, surf net. Sometimes we can conciously move, feel, smell, touch, hear. And yet sometimes, we are just audiences in our dreams. Ever dreamt that you are dreaming? Yeah, nested dr eams. Hah. And when you 'wake up' in the dream, you want to go