Skip to main content

The Story of the Camel.

I was reading Ms Juneberry's blog almost a month ago about making decision and taking the path you think is appropriate despite others' opinions. She added only another entry since then, life must be hectic for her! =P Anyway backtracking... after the recent events in my life, I do agree with what she said in that entry. It is especially true for people who are hungry enough for success and dare to dream.

Let me share with you a very motivating story I heard from a friend tonight. Once upon a time, a little boy and his grandfather were carrying a camel across the desert. When they came to a bridge, the ladies who were washing clothes at the river laughed at them and said that they should ride the beast. So they rode on the camel and continued their journey. At the second bridge, another group of ladies were washing clothes scowled and said that the beast should not have to carry the weight of both of them. So the grandfather got off and led the camel with a rope until they reached another bridge. This time, the crowd at the bridge said that the old man should not have to walk, so he switched place with his grandson. So the grandfather switched place with the boy. Finally at fourth bridge, the crowd said that the old man should let his young grandson ride the camel instead. Confused, the old man got off the camel and pondered with his grandson beside the road on what they should do with the camel. Suddenly, the camel ran off.

And here comes the important part, the moral of the story: No matter what you do, there will be people who will criticise your actions. If we are afraid of criticism and not stick to our decisions, we will not be able to succeed.

I think we are unable to please everyone all the time. So as long as what we do is ethical and contribute towards success, we should not be held back by what others have to say. Once we let the opportunity go, it may be quite awhile before the next one comes along. What will you do with your camel?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bridal Dowry.

The delivery of dowry ( 送嫁妆 ) is another important custom. It represents parent's effort for her daughter to have a good life after marriage and prepare her with the necessities for being a good wife. I am amazed by some of the things included in the dowry. Of course, in our modern living, we will not be using some of those things... Nevertheless, I think it is all good to have them, as each item carries a good meaning for our blissful marriage. :-)

If you have it, just flaunt it.

Its such a lousy day, I have decided to blog another entry. Yesh, I am thinking about things other than my last two papers on Thurs and Friday. Something probably talked alot before by many people... What is it with men and women with 可爱-oooii *杨丞琳's voice* face, long tresses, slim legs, curvey body, in revealing tight clothes (only for those with the former characteristics), in pink. Why are men so attracted to those features? The guy is lying if he says he will not turn his head when he sees women with those features. I think it has nothing to do with men being lustful or anything disgusting. It probably has something to do with the genes, the hormones. I don't believe it has to do with things like its men's nature instinct to look for partners who can reproduce blahblahblah. That's so boring! Its something mysterious, something that let men derives pleasure by just looking openly, without doing anything bad or harmful or immoral. Do women ogle at men all the time too

Dreaming About You.

I usually leave my handphone on during the night (just in case if anyone want to contact me urgently, eg. a friend in need of help etc). But I think I will be leaving my phone off from now on. Why? In the wee hours this morning, I received three continuous sms . I forced myself outta bed to read the message, thinking it must be something very important. I surprised to read that they were messages from " Dreamchat ", telling me that " someone is dreaming of me ". Oh great! What a good reason to wake me up! It also asked me to call this 1900 number to listen to the message. There was even a member id at the end... So someone still wide awake in the middle of the night decided to use this wonderful service to let me know he/she is dreaming of me leh. wah seh. I immediately deleted the messages and went back to sleep. Knowing I will just have a few more hours of my six hours daily sleep time left. How did this " Dreamchat " thingy got my handphone number? Is